TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Annual gathering of stagehand buddies from NYC & Philly at my friend Bob's lake house. Usually the week of Americade or lately the week after Americade (which is kinda played out nowadays). This year the stars did not line up as far as everyones work schedules went so only a few of us planned on visiting this beautiful God given region of our country this past weekend.

As plans often go folks commit and then something else comes up so it was a very abbreviated version of "Bobstock". No problem.

Yeah, we're in "Last Of The Mohicans" territory. Great Lake Sacandaga is about 30-35 miles from Lake George and Fort William Henry. Darn those Indians & Tories:
IMG_2302.JPG

Brought the XR:
IMG_2304.JPG

Last year a friend and I brought Dual-Sports instead of our road bikes. We headed to Lake Luzerne and hit the last day of "Dirt Daze" which has now moved to Vermont. Ironically the ride we were able to register for took us all the way back to Sacandaga Lake. But also to some off-road trails and roads we never knew existed. That was the purpose of this particular trip. To find those roads and start mapping them. With the help of google and Garmin...
IMG_2267.JPG

Somewher between Wells, NY & Speculator, NY...
IMG_2268.JPG

IMG_2269.JPG

Abandoned entrance to "Old Route 30":
IMG_2270.JPG

We were joined by another member of this forum, Sean/TW200 (not sure of his forum handle) and his Dad Jim/Kawasaki Super Sherpa. Along with myself Honda XR250 and Chris/XT225 we sped the 26 beautiful miles to the closed and decrepit bridge leading to a full day of fun. Will definitely return.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couple more pictures:

My friends original condition Power Wagon, a real work truck. I love this thing:
IMG_2314.JPG

IMG_2315.JPG

When we emerged from the woods we were right by the old Oak Mountain Ski Slope. They had some pretty cool looking equipment too:
IMG_2323.JPG

Returning to Sacandaga we made a long run to the other end of the lake to a scenic overlook. The bikes at rest:
IMG_2326.JPG

What it's all about whether your ride a Harley or a Grom:
IMG_2324.JPG

·
Registered
62 Posts
There was a time I had a chance to ride around that area. Mostly north of Gloversville to and from Caroga lake. It was always a nice ride and from your pictures it seems it hasn't changed.

Thanks for the pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts