TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking back at the Upper Great Lakes ride from Montezuma and my places in West Central Ohio, to Borneo's in NE Indiana, and then another 1350 or so through the lower Michigan, across the Lake via Ferry, and then the Wisconsin Northwoods and Upper P, down across the Big MAC Bridge and home...

On July 28, 2015, we arose early in the Morning at our mom and pop Motel in Ludington, rode to the docks and at about 8:30 in the AM pushed our 3 TWs on to the SS Badger for the 3+ hour 60 mile ride across Lake Michigan to Manitowoc, Wisconsin, for the Wisconsin part of the ride...

One year ago this morning 7/28/2015

Upper Great Lakes Adventure 3a.jpg Upper Great Lakes Adventure 3b.jpg SS Badger 3D.png Great Lakes Run 015.JPG Great Lakes Run 028.JPG

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Any big rides planned for you guys for the rest of this year? Great Lakes adventure looked amazingly fun and camaraderie!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any big rides planned for you guys for the rest of this year? Great Lakes adventure looked amazingly fun and camaraderie!
Wife and I are taking a quick vacation next week to Brown County, Indiana, then I have a week or so of free time...hopefully we will get something planned......also maybe a fall ride. One thing for sure, this is my last year of Basketball, and next years my last of doing a lot of football...baseball I will continue, but cut back the Summer contests, so I can ride more.

Retired and I plan on living like it....House will be paid off, out of debt by next spring...and although not even close to being "rich" money wise...I sure the heck plan on doing more things, I want to do with what time I may have left on this planet :)

Hell, don't know what caused that rant....but you get my drift....Time to do more Riding...and heck I may have to buy another MC, who knows, maybe a 2nd TW?} :p

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have been across 'the bridge' twice...once on a yammie 750 with Dunlop K-81 tires and once on a BMW...don't think I'd do it again. I hate that 4 miles or whatever of steel grate...

·
Registered
892 Posts
...then do not drive on the steel grate. I like going over the grate because if you look down it looks like you are riding on the water. The worst part of that bridge is that on a windy day you are correcting (by instinct) for the wind by leaning into it...then you get to the big pylon blocking the wind. There is a full lane of no grate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts