TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I miss my kayak.
Just never got off into white water, I like to tour kayak for days, weeks on end.

That does look like fun, sorta...

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I did a lot of that sort of stuff in kayaks and canoes living on the banks of the Priest River Idaho, rivers and lakes and salt water, in Washington, Oregon, Illinois, Alaska, Hawaii,
Western Samoa , with side trips in Virginia, and Ohio, and Wisconsin, and Iowa. I lived on a sailboat in Puget Sound for 5 years during which time I kayaked nearly every day
for 3 to 25 miles a day. My life was either dirt biking or paddling in those years. Now I am in a wheelchair so I guess those days are just memories.

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
That is just awesome. In general, I have a fear of water but I have been on a few slow moving creeks/rivers and it was a lot of fun.

Reactions: Ken

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
and... "in a few".. :)

That is just awesome. In general, I have a fear of water but I have been on a few slow moving creeks/rivers and it was a lot of fun.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
"I did a lot of that sort of stuff in kayaks and canoes living on the banks of the Priest River Idaho, rivers and lakes and salt water, in Washington, Oregon, Illinois, Alaska, Hawaii,
Western Samoa , with side trips in Virginia, and Ohio, and Wisconsin, and Iowa. I lived on a sailboat in Puget Sound for 5 years during which time I kayaked nearly every day
for 3 to 25 miles a day. My life was either dirt biking or paddling in those years. Now I am in a wheelchair so I guess those days are just memories."

I didn't want to click on the like button... some times we need a "that sucks' button

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Very good memories it sounds like! Wow what an adventurous life you live. (Try to look at it as still do). When I was in a wheelchair I became the king of wheelchair wheelies. One handed backspin wheelies you name it. Wheelies riding down stairs and the list at goes on. You have to roll with what you got ;)

"I did a lot of that sort of stuff in kayaks and canoes living on the banks of the Priest River Idaho, rivers and lakes and salt water, in Washington, Oregon, Illinois, Alaska, Hawaii,
for 3 to 25 miles a day. My life was either dirt biking or paddling in those years. Now I am in a wheelchair so I guess those days are just memories."

I didn't want to click on the like button... some times we need a "that sucks' button

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Very good memories it sounds like! Wow what an adventurous life you live. (Try to look at it as still do). When I was in a wheelchair I became the king of wheelchair wheelies. One handed backspin wheelies you name it. Wheelies riding down stairs and the list at goes on. You have to roll with what you got ;)
When were you in a wheelchair?!

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
When were you in a wheelchair?!
Back when I had my knee reconstructed with cadaver parts. 87' I think it was, maybe 86. I was one of the first for that particular procedure. It went bad, 8 month in a chair and or crutches. It was a failure. No ACL in either knee, MDL gone as well in the Left. Major issues with knees. Motorcycle racing, surfing and marshal arts did them in. It was basically my fault, i knew they were starting to fail but kept at the sports.. paying for it now :( But it was fun!

Reactions: Xracer and Purple
1 - 12 of 12 Posts