TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be using stock rear atm.
just looking to reduce pavement slapp'n and get something better for all pavement. 11 mile commute.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Will be using stock rear atm.
just looking to reduce pavement slapp'n and get something better for all pavement. 11 mile commute.
Bridgestone TW203 AND TW204. Just get them both and call it good. This combo is very good on the pavement and still pretty darn good for dry conditions off road.

Tom

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
If you are never planning to leave the pavement there are a couple options. Bridgestone makes a tw203 and Shinko makes the sr428 and both are a road oriented tread. I personally would also change to a matching rear with either to keep the handling right.

Otherwise if you do plan to go offroad i can personally vouch for the Shinko Sr244. i find it really good on the pavement and good off road too.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would be interested lrppcer.
Torn between hybrid and road...
Looking to commute as many days a year as possible...
But also wanting to take 2/3/4 trips a summer into backcountry.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Shinko SR428 Dual Sport Tires are good replacements for the Bridgestones. I have them on my bike and have used them off road before. They are squirmy as hell in pea gravel, but on plain dirt they handle surprisingly well.

Reactions: socalnative and Ken

·
Registered
779 Posts
Maybe its just me, but even my super aggressive MT21 handles well on the road. If I am pushing past the limits of that tire, I am scraping pegs and or seriously taxing the limits of the brakes. Even after 1.5 years and 2k miles, I can see almost no wear. Glad you got some street shoes for your TW. Even if I was going to do a lot of street, I would look for a pretty off road focused tire.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will keep the MT21 in mind. the tires that were ont there were origional from 2001. were a bit iffy. the front atleast. no regrets. excuse start looking for an extra wheelset ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts