TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
You didn't crawl in? :p

Were you by yourself?

Just watching the scenery alone was a bit creepy, let alone the dark holes.

Very "The Hills Have Eyes" like.

Cool. Thank you.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah by myself. People knew where I was and there is cell service. So only moderately stupid.

·
Registered
19,597 Posts
" Nevada Land..Welcome and Enjoy...Free Land" Love that sign at the beginning, many other places would benefit from such freedom afforded to everyone.
I think Sponge had a good safe time without being managed, regulated nor restricted in his explorations.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It isn't a state sign. Somebody put it up after the big Cliven Bundy Hubbub. But yes we do have management issues out here too.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Not great video. Just clipped a body cam to the strap of my CamelbaK. The old mines are kind of Cool.
This was very interesting. I love to explore like this. I wish the mines could tell their story, to hard to find a lot of the mines histories.

Thanks for sharing your adventure.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Nevada is great for off road exploring. My Aunt & Uncle have a house that adjoins a large BLM section. They literally open up the garage and drive out of their yard onto the shared land. Wild horses visit daily to drink from the huge water trough set on their property line. It's a little too brown for my eastern seaboard sensibilities, but the freedom it affords is amazing.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nevada is great for off road exploring. My Aunt & Uncle have a house that adjoins a large BLM section. They literally open up the garage and drive out of their yard onto the shared land. Wild horses visit daily to drink from the huge water trough set on their property line. It's a little too brown for my eastern seaboard sensibilities, but the freedom it affords is amazing.
My brother rented a house in Bunkerville NV. (population 1303) for a while. I tool him he would love it. You can shot doves off your front porch if you feel like it and nobody will bat an eye. Kids all play night games in the park. Everybody rides quads around town. No businesses in town, shopping is in Mesquite about 5 miles away. They refuse to issue building permits because the town is how they like it and don't want it to change. I can see that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts