TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not ridden my TW since late last summer. Mostly because I got a new hip in November and a new shoulder in March. I can't wait to go on my next plane ride. All of my new titanium parts will drive Homeland Security nuts.

Monday was spent at Scripps hospital getting X-Rays and being scrutinized and evaluated. Everything checked out A-OK, and I have clearance to ride again. I'll be taking the TW up to Lake Tahoe and Ebbetts Pass in two or three weeks, and I'm absolutely stoked.

The only fault I found with the bike last year was the seat. It tends to slope down at the front, causing me to constantly re-position myself away from the tank and bars. I already knew the cure for that, from reading the posts here. I decided to do what many others here had done and get my seat re-built at Seat Concepts in San Jacinto, Ca.

I called and talked to the owner, Lendon Smith and told him I was considering driving up there from San Diego, looking at his various cover materials and dropping it off on Tuesday. He said that if I came by around 4:30pm he would show me what was available and re-do my seat while I waited.

Traffic between Temecula and Hemet is fairly heavy late in the afternoon, but I gave myself plenty of time and still made it in less than 2 hours. I met Smith and his crew,(nice guys) talked bikes with them for a few minutes, and they re-did my seat on the spot. I also picked up one of their small racks, which fit my needs better than the large racks most of the guys here use. Lendon gave me a small discount on both.

I grabbed a quick bite to eat while the traffic thinned out, and had a leisurely trip home. I stuck the new seat on immediately, and can tell it will be a big improvement. Thanks to all of those who posted about Seat Concepts. Good people and great products.

I enjoy road trips, both long and short. When I can do one while improving my TW, it makes it even more fun.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
nice to be able to go there and see their operation. Seat upgrade from them is on my list.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vuldub asked about pictures. I finally found time to take a couple. The cover is a heavy, textured black vinyl, much like some OEM seats.

The first pic shows how the seat is built up towards the middle and front to reduce sliding forward.

The second pic shows the additional width, which adds a lot to the comfort. The foam is firmer than what was in the seat before. I like the look, simple and neat.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have to get off my ass and order mine

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Wish I could figure how to put up a picl. I put a seat off a 1500 kawasaki vulcan. More like a saddle fot the tw. Oh how sweet it is and plenty of room outback for camping gear and such. Still have to build a rack, but it will have a lot more flat as the seat is for one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts