TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering taking a road trip across the country from Wa to SC. Will be going down to Az, Tx, Mo then to SC. Will be hauling my TW with me and would like to stop along the way to ride with anyone along the way. Shoot me a PM if you have the time to show me your part of the country. Thanks, Randall

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I saw the title and thought you were talking to me. :)

Come to Rhode Island and I'll be glad to show you around!

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I am considering taking a road trip across the country from Wa to SC. Will be going down to Az, Tx, Mo then to SC. Will be hauling my TW with me and would like to stop along the way to ride with anyone along the way. Shoot me a PM if you have the time to show me your part of the country. Thanks, Randall
I can show you the finest apple orchards east of the pacific here in upstate NY. :D

Tom

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought we had that apple thing taken care of at Moab 1 lol.
As I figure to leave the middle of Dec the north is not on the agenda. Even the southern states can be iced over. As far as dates will just call it by when and where as I go. Figure to stop by Mississippi Larry and do a ride, then to my aunt's in Ok by the Red River then to Mo to visit a friend I served with overseas, then on up to SC to spend Xmas with the gkids. Won't have a lot of time to do a lot of riding, but it is always nice to stop for a short run in an area I haven't been.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I thought we had that apple thing taken care of at Moab 1 lol.
As I figure to leave the middle of Dec the north is not on the agenda. Even the southern states can be iced over. As far as dates will just call it by when and where as I go. Figure to stop by Mississippi Larry and do a ride, then to my aunt's in Ok by the Red River then to Mo to visit a friend I served with overseas, then on up to SC to spend Xmas with the gkids. Won't have a lot of time to do a lot of riding, but it is always nice to stop for a short run in an area I haven't been.
I suppose there is always next summer then?:D

Tom

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I am hoping to be in Ak next summer. I do hope some riders will join me up there. In July the fishing is going full bore.

Lots of riding to do, just pick an area, you can't do the whole state in a month lol.
It sounds amazing. I am in the middle of my family/career phase of life now though and time is a precious commodity. I wish my wife would enjoy a trip to Alaska as much as I would.

Tom

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Randall...work your way north to NE Indiana and NW Ohio and you can hook up with Borneo, Montezuma, and Me...and a few other Michigan guys....you know how to find us....

·
Registered
649 Posts
I saw the title and thought you were talking to me. :)

Come to Rhode Island and I'll be glad to show you around!

We saw the title and thought you were talking about Rhodetrip also. Ha

Randall -------- Again, you are always welcome at the Sandue Ranch. Randall stopped for a visit on his way to Santa Margarita and we can attest that he is low maintenance and a gentlemen. Some how,I think he thought, that we were a "B and B". Blueberries and Beer kinda place. So Randall brings Olympia Beer and blue berries as gifts. That was a lot of blue berries Randall. He's a great guy, will give you the shirt off his back but, advice you'll have to ask for! Dirts a Flyen SanDue :p:D

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Nice trip plan. Wish I were able to provide some riding area for you to experience. But alas, none that I know of. Now if were members of the Ark Valley Trials Club, we could find some tricky trails to try out.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would love to show you around the Westside of Phoenix, AZ. There are some great trails around Buckeye, AZ.
Hope to take you up on that.

I have an unexpected death of a family member. I will be flying instead of that road trip. Still, there is later. Maybe a shorter one to Az for a few months as of Jan or Feb and coming back after the Moab exstravaganza. Will be quite a year if after the ride to Alaska in late June. Do hope some are on board with that trip.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Hope to take you up on that.

I have an unexpected death of a family member. I will be flying instead of that road trip. Still, there is later. Maybe a shorter one to Az for a few months as of Jan or Feb and coming back after the Moab exstravaganza. Will be quite a year if after the ride to Alaska in late June. Do hope some are on board with that trip.
Sorry about your loss Plumb. God bless.

Tom

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Beautiful trip I did it twice this year but I started in Phoenix back to NC and Tennessee then up to Ohio and the Great Lakes back through Sturgis to Seattle and back down the coast to Socal

I have to say I love the old Route 66 view of America it's amazing whats 1 or 2 blocks off the 40 etc I say take your time and mosey off the main drag often for rest stops

I'd recommend checking in with Jbfla in NC he lives in an amazing area of NC and knows all the great riding areas

Good luck and be sure to keep us posted on your where-a-bouts

1 - 20 of 20 Posts