TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i found a link to a thread from back in 09 but cant look at the pics etc...

so i need the info on what size the thread are in the rocker arm shafts so i can fix my customers TW200...... (tip of valve is GONE)

thanks

lance

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If no one chimes in with the answer, is the other valve adjustment screw in good condition? If so, remove it and find a thread size gauge.

not looking for the screw/locknut thread pitch.. need the ROCKER ARM SHAFT thread pitch/tool.. theres a puller YAMAHA sells but dont know the pitch (6 x ??) i seen one other place it was 6 x 1.5 REVERSE THREAD but dont know for sure..

thanks

lance

·
Registered
918 Posts
Oh that part
When I did my cam upgrade it said to remove those shafts in order to install the cam. Well, I didn't have to but I thought a bolt from the cam bearing retainer fit in it? I sort of remember trying to remove them but then figured out I didn't have to to install the cam. It's worth a shot until someone else who knows chimes in. I've searched XT's, YTM's and TW's on the web and came up with nothing on the thread pitch.

When you find out, post it up!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh that part
When I did my cam upgrade it said to remove those shafts in order to install the cam. Well, I didn't have to but I thought a bolt from the cam bearing retainer fit in it? I sort of remember trying to remove them but then figured out I didn't have to to install the cam. It's worth a shot until someone else who knows chimes in. I've searched XT's, YTM's and TW's on the web and came up with nothing on the thread pitch.

When you find out, post it up!

thanks.... like i said i found a post from in 09 but couldnt look at pics or PM the people that started the thread... not sure what was up with that...

thanks

lance

·
Registered
918 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well crap.. i know for a fact they are 6mm after messing with them today at ACE hardware but like i said ive read they are REVERSE THREAD.... ill have to hit up the local yamaha shop and see if they can pull it for me... guess ill have to charge the customer whatever they charge me....

thanks

lance

Yeah, the old pictures don't carry over. When we lost that site, we lost the pictures...unfortunately. The manual doesn't state the thread size, but it says the p/n of the puller is YU-01083....googling that I found this site: http://www.thevirago.co.uk/viragoViragos/xv500/servicemanual/xv500k/xv500ksmc01/xv500kservicemanual--0108.asp

The top right picture shows the puller and claims it's 8mm, but doesn't state pitch. So it should be either M8x1.25 or M8x1.0.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Strange. Maybe Yamaha has different dash numbers for that puller for different applications? Can you confirm it's reverse thread by putting a light on the threads and taking a peek? Or it is too hard to see in there? Been a while since I dug in that far.

Otherwise, there is a forum member on here by the handle "macbig2k1"...he could help you out. He's in Germany and owns a shop and would know this information... http://www.tw-parts.com/

·
Registered
383 Posts
well crap.. i know for a fact they are 6mm after messing with them today at ACE hardware but like i said ive read they are REVERSE THREAD.... ill have to hit up the local yamaha shop and see if they can pull it for me... guess ill have to charge the customer whatever they charge me....

thanks

lance

If this information can help you ...

I made ​​my tool

To extract the camshaft is the M10

For the rocker shaft is the M6

Sorry, but my English is bad ...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks CHRISTDDEL... but a normal 6x1.0 bolt wont thread into the rocker shafts so i do believe they are REVERSE THREAD.. ill look really close tomorrow after work and verify that.. they are also a pretty fine thread.....ive read they are 6 x 1.5...

If this information can help you ...

I made ​​my tool

To extract the camshaft is the M10

For the rocker shaft is the M6

Sorry, but my English is bad ...

·
Registered
383 Posts
thanks CHRISTDDEL... but a normal 6x1.0 bolt wont thread into the rocker shafts so i do believe they are REVERSE THREAD.. ill look really close tomorrow after work and verify that.. they are also a pretty fine thread.....ive read they are 6 x 1.5...

That's a normal thread M6 1.0

I just checked ...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i had to do it my way since i cant find a bolt that works (6x1.0 does NOT screw into the shafts) i made my own compressor out of a C-CLAMP.. worked perfect and bike will be back together tonight for the customer to pick up tomorrow.....

thanks all

later

lance

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so the guy up the road wouldnt give me 10mins of his time to pull the rocker shaft so i did it my way... good ol red neck ingenutiy .... bike is up and running perfect...

would have been easier with the rocker shaft outta the way but this worked...

thanks all

lance

·
Registered
71 Posts
This was a huge help, qkenuf4u had a brilliant idea with the modified C-clamp! This was a really easy way to get the valves out for new valve seals. Those rocker arms are a female dingo!

His tip and pics should be in a sticky tech tip for this procedure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts