TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my TW since last year and I had done a few minor things to it so far. I just thought it would be great to show you guys what I have done. I am not finished at all. Winter is here and all I can do is look at the new shiny parts to go on the TW lol. Anyways here we are so far. Attention to detail!! installed a fancy red oil fill cap (My first mod).

Stock

And my friend's TW in the background.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had to change up the skid plate, that thing was ugly and had to go. I bought the Ricochet skid plate. Well worth the money.

Next was the foot pegs, switched them out to the "ebay" ones. They are not bad and for the price I could not say no. Also changed out the shift lever. I bought a folding one "Sunline". Works great.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Looking real nice! You're going to love that skid plate and the shifter. The longer shifter gave me cleaner and quicker shifts. Is the shifter for a YZ250-year 2005ish?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rainman I agree you do get better shifts that's for sure, and to answer mrbracket's question as well I purchased it for a Yamaha YZ250 1996-2009 I wish I still had the package number so I could help you guys out. I think I paid $35.00 for it. I want to change out the brake pedal as well however it is hard to find something that will fit.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I felt that I would like a headlight guard so I ordered "TCI Products headlight guard". Bolted up very nice, and fit well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I replaced the stock exhaust header with a Yamaha stock 2001 TTR 225 header.

I had to clean it up a bit first

Nice and shiny.

The new and old side by side.

I didn't take too much effort to make the TTR header to fit other than to cut 1 inch off the pipe.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some parts came is this week

Stainless steel bolt kit.

High performance ignition coil (don't know if it was worth it lol).

Pro Taper Bar.

Performance Webcam Shaft.

Tusk handguards.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Looks like you have some work ahead of you! I'm envious.

I bought the same stainless steel bolt set as you did. Make sure you use anti-sieze on the threads. You don't want the stainless to permanently bond with the motor.

I love the bolts. They look nice and are easier to remove when needed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm itching to get these parts on, Mrbracket the header did come out nice. It only cost me $35.00 on ebay. The stainless steel bolt kit is worth the money and thanks for the tip Rainman. I will keep everyone informed about the cam results, I think will wait a bit before that install. So here's a question for everyone, my bike has been sitting for a bit in the cold. I have pulled the battery, put fuel stabilizer in the tank etc... The other day I tried to start it, it wont start. It was minus 5 outside I think it wasn't that cold. Should I just use a space heater on the engine to help it to start. The bike is in my shed in the winter cold. I think that I might have to drain the carb and maybe shoot a bit of gas in the cylinder head to give it a boost. Any thoughts would help.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My Procyle order came in as well:

New sprockets front and rear, Clarke fuel tank, Prorgrip rally grips, sparkplug, DG o-series muffler, Led tail light kit.

·
Registered
315 Posts
sheeesh you are going to town! very very nice!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm itching to get these parts on, Mrbracket the header did come out nice. It only cost me $35.00 on ebay. The stainless steel bolt kit is worth the money and thanks for the tip Rainman. I will keep everyone informed about the cam results, I think will wait a bit before that install. So here's a question for everyone, my bike has been sitting for a bit in the cold. I have pulled the battery, put fuel stabilizer in the tank etc... The other day I tried to start it, it wont start. It was minus 5 outside I think it wasn't that cold. Should I just use a space heater on the engine to help it to start. The bike is in my shed in the winter cold. I think that I might have to drain the carb and maybe shoot a bit of gas in the cylinder head to give it a boost. Any thoughts would help.

Mine sometimes won't crank when the temp is in the 30's. Make sure that you put a trickle charge on your battery and put it in the garage with a heater for a while and it should start. I have a Walmart battery tender on my TW and a Battery Tender Jr. on my Triumph. Both work fine and are about $30. Good luck!

Rusty

1 - 20 of 87 Posts