TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny I had never ridden one but one was traded in today so I ran it for a few minutes and did a bit of dirt. It was a little modified with exhaust and farkels. Anyway I thought I would really think it was lame but it was actually kinda fun.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I wanted a KLR when I was shopping for a dual sport but the price of insurance ($1800 vs. $800 a year) and youtube videos of guys trying to pick them up talked me out of it!

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I must admit at times I do miss the klr. Insurance on mine was only about $50 more than my tw. I like to ride fast offroad and the klr just was not that kind of ride. Great around town though.

·
Registered
424 Posts
800? For TW insurance? Seriously?

Prices are INSANE in most of canada. I've seen forum posts from people paying $10,000+ per year (with a perfect record) just to ride a 600cc I-4 SS.

It's flatout robbery....completely disgusting.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
never been on one, but the KLR's look nice for what they are.

i pay $110 usd for a year on the TW. doesn't cover damage to my bike, but collision/medical etc...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes insurance is brutal in Ontario, it doesn't matter that i've been driving for 17 years with no accidents it wasn't on a motorcycle! And +1 to what dark said an 18 y/o in my msf class was paying $9600 a year for a cbr600rr

·
Registered
310 Posts
The two faults I notice when I'm (5'9" 160lbs) riding a KLR is the 'leg over' stretch I have to do to get on it. Once on, it squats down just fine. Then there's the weight of the bike itself. It's fine for road use, but offroad if it tips over, I'm going to hurt my back picking it up.

Two of my friends own a new style and former style and I like them both. They blow around less on the interstate than I had ever imagined (thanks to that weight.)

As opposed to a Honda XR650L where I feel way too short and like I'm sitting way too high when riding one of those.

Iowa insurance is a guilty pleasure.. 59 bucks/year for the TW. My Vespas are $5.94/year each.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts