TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode home a new FZ-07

I as really surprised how fast that bike arrived. It was only announced for the states very recently.

My impression is that it will be a really fun bike in the way the SV650 was. Simple, good motor, light (and very compact). It has a very upright seating position as well. I do detect a bit of budgetary constraint in the suspension department but that is true of the bigger brother the FZ-09 as well.

Overall at $6999.00 is a good bike. It will give the Ninja 650 a run for sure but its a naked bike rather than the half faired Ninja.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The FZ-07 is only $1K less than the FZ-09?

Seems like you get a lot more bike for the money with the triple, no?
Yes the 9 is more bike. The 7 is more compact feeling and while down on power still enough to have fun. Its been a while since I rode the 9 but the 7 feels very nimble and almost honda Gromish. Not exactly but it feels little. It may suit newer or smaller riders. I would do the 9 myself but my friend came back loving the 7 and said he wants one.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright RBM this is for you. No clue why it rotated.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
I rode this one yesterday.....liked it but didn't ride it home.

FZ-07.jpg

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
i like the looks of both the 9 and the 7...only about 17 pounds difference in weight (397 vs 414) and around 40hp difference in power (74 vs 115)

·
Registered
194 Posts
It takes a bit of work and upgrades to get 115 at the rear wheel on a dyno. Bone stock they usually range from 105 to 107. After adding an aftermarket exhaust and re-flashing the CPU, 115 is possible but not guaranteed. I have hands-on experience with the 09. Great bike for the money.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Cute kids, Stephen. Like the toenail polish. I remember having kids that age......30 freekin years ago !

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
It takes a bit of work and upgrades to get 115 at the rear wheel on a dyno. Bone stock they usually range from 105 to 107. After adding an aftermarket exhaust and re-flashing the CPU, 115 is possible but not guaranteed. I have hands-on experience with the 09. Great bike for the money.
yea those were yamaha claimed numbers...i remember seeing 107hp on a dyno test on the stock fz09

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Williammack:

Yeah they are a pure joy. My daughter would be happy you noticed the polish as her mother just took her to get them done on the last day of school.

We started late so our kids are young. We are both 45. I could not be happier to be old enough to enjoy them in a way I could not have 15 years ago.

My daughter likes to ride with me. We will go out and do 50 miles rides together. My son is a little timid yet and can only now touch the passenger pegs on the TW. He is legal in this state being 5 and we do short trips to the park etc.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I rode it a little more spirited this morning. The tires are still greasy but I was able to get the front end up shifting into 2nd gear. Fun! It does not have the high end power of larger bikes like the FZ-09 or say a Monster 1200 but really around town it is plenty and cruises effortlessly at 65.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The bike in the picture is gone gone gone. A young lady at the shop went back and forth between it and a Ninja 650. I helped her make a solid decision :) She liked riding it a lot better than the Ninja too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts