·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[video]https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/rokon-trail-breaker#page-2[/video]

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yes....I rode one....once....that was once to often.....heavy...awkward …..increase in traction could not make up for the lack of speed and the ability to maneuver ….. I suppose under some circumstances they would be the answer....

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Horses for courses"...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
The original 2 stroke Rokons (engine made by Chrysler) could literally climb a tree provided you had a rope or a winch. No oil starvation at intense angles, unlike a 4 stroke. Fueling may be a bit rough but it'll do it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've owned a couple one 4 and a 2 stroke. The 4 was by far the nicest. Easier to start, quite and smoother to ride. The 2 stroke was like riding a chainsaw. Sure they will go through anything but at 5 MPH.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I watched a video sometime last week and saw a Russian 2WD called a Taurus. One can tear the whole thing down into 5 or 6 parts, including the wheels, in about 5 minutes, pack it in the back of a car, relocate, and reassemble in about 5 minutes, and ride again. Fat tires like the BW. Pretty cool apocalypse bike. But if I was buying Russian, I think I'd go with a Ural sidecar bike. A guy in town has one, and boy, it's a snappy looking machine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts