TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 TW200, first motorcycle
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New TW200 owner here. Just picked up my bike last weekend, getting it running and set upright. I do a lot of photography and camping up in the North Georgia Mountains. Anyone have any suggestions or know any groups up here?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northeast Florida!

Marty

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I trust you already know about the Suches, GA motorcycle campground.

Marty

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
@mjhenry04 , I can't remember the name (been almost 14 years) but, west of the motorcycle campground is a dirt road that turns north and either ends at or passes by a cemetery in the middle of nowhere at the time. May make for a great off the beaten path camp over.

Marty

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@mjhenry04 , I can't remember the name (been almost 14 years) but, west of the motorcycle campground is a dirt road that turns north and either ends at or passes by a cemetery in the middle of nowhere at the time. May make for a great off the beaten path camp over.

Marty
I found one called Horseshoe Ridge road, about 10 minutes NNW of Dahlonega. It splits with what used to be a church road but it's been closed for years. The forestry service still lists it as okay for dirt bikes:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Good for you, happy exploring and many happy trails to you.

Marty

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome to the nuthouse I mean forum
There's a whole lot of knowledgeable members
Here. Ask nicely and there's a great chance you
Will get any answer you need..
Mike from NC

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the nuthouse I mean forum
There's a whole lot of knowledgeable members
Here. Ask nicely and there's a great chance you
Will get any answer you need..
Mike from NC
Thank you. I've already used the forum to get my forks tuned, carb set, and just so everyone knows

THE YEAR IS 2021 AND DEALERS STILL ARENT LATCHING THE CLUTCH SPRING.

Runs much better now.

20210215_111342.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am originally from Northwest Georgia living near Griffin these days but still have family up in Polk and Floyd counties. I do ride and camp a good bit in North Georgia sometimes on BMW GS but usually camp grounds and maintained dirt and gravel roads as well as paved twisties. I also ride a Ural Gear-Up with side car and my Weimaraner rides along we camp and being two wheel drive can get into some fairly rough areas. All that said I also have a TW and always looking for folks to share rides or rides and camping up in that area.

Cheers, Tony

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome mjhenry04!!

You & @NxtGoRnd join us fellow TW'ers :)!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am originally from Northwest Georgia living near Griffin these days but still have family up in Polk and Floyd counties. I do ride and camp a good bit in North Georgia sometimes on BMW GS but usually camp grounds and maintained dirt and gravel roads as well as paved twisties. I also ride a Ural Gear-Up with side car and my Weimaraner rides along we camp and being two wheel drive can get into some fairly rough areas. All that said I also have a TW and always looking for folks to share rides or rides and camping up in that area.

Cheers, Tony
Ahhhh....I've seen many of your posts over on ADVrider. You get around.....to some cool places!

Reactions: NxtGoRnd

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Cheers, Tony View attachment 211938 View attachment 211939 View attachment 211940 View attachment 211941 View attachment 211942
That Ursal is awesome. I was looking at one to bring my two Aussies along but they're so hell bent on racing and not riding that I went with a TW200 for me and an XT250 for the wife.

My Cyclerack will be here today (got held up somewhere between Boise and Atlanta for 7 days) and I'll be all ready to motocamp.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome mjhenry04!!

You & @NxtGoRnd join us join us fellow TW'ers :)!

I'll take a look at joining you guys. Having dogs makes logistics a problem

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'll take a look at joining you guys. Having dogs makes logistics a problem
Welcome
Enjoy the Tdub.
You have many , many smiles ahead of you !
Hope to see ya at the gathering............,..
Mike from NC

Reactions: SpeedyTide
1 - 15 of 15 Posts