TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

"this is a ride not a race, so it's suppose to be fun"
Ron

Last night I received an email from Ron's wife Marie. While only a few forum members ever met Ron in person, many knew him through the forum. I'm thinking he's pretty much the guy responsible for our Moab gathering this past March and is really the inspiration of any future TW group gatherings. Many have been to Moab before, but I think as a group this was a first and he started it! :D

While I know it's almost impossible for anyone to attend, if you want, think of him on this day. I plan to attend.

Thank you,
Admiral (Kris)

From Marie:

Ron Baldner Ashes at Perrine Bridge Sunday Nov. 1st, 2 PM

Kris and Lori, I hope this is your correct email. Let me know if you receive this. Please forward to any TW 200 friends who may be interested in knowing about this.
Thank you.
Marie

Dear friends,

I'm letting friends and acquaintances of Ron Baldner know that at 2 PM, November 1st, Sunday, they should gather under the North End of Perrine Bridge heading into Twin Falls. If coming from Boise direction, it's located off I-84, Exit 173, onto Southbound Hwy 93 underneath the Perrine Bridge that Ron said he "had a hand on every piece of steel" while he was the Rigging Foreman back in the early 1970's. From the South bound lane off I-84, just before crossing the bridge from North to South, park on the long paved turnout at the right of Highway 93. Walk under the Bridge from the parking turnout, using the pathway and stairs built to reach an Overlook. There is a rock wall to view the bridge from underneath; the highway on the bridge is directly overhead. (Note: this is NOT at the Park at the South end of the Bridge. If you are coming from the South from Blue Lakes Blvd./Hwy 93, cross over the Bridge in the Northbound lane, turn around where possible, and come back to the North End of the Bridge to park on the turnout).
After friends have gathered at 2 PM, I will read Ron's obituary, ask for any comments from friends about their memories of Ron, and then sprinkle the ashes underneath the Perrine Bridge on the rocks below the Overlook. That will be his only monument. If anyone didn't get the invitation or later wants to stop there and think of Ron, the ashes will be right there.
Afterwards, we can go to Pizza or something else to eat (open to suggestions, since I don't know the area) on Blue Lakes Blvd in Twin Falls, if desired. 208-866-3439 RSVP or comments to Marie Baldner
[email protected].

H Marie Baldner

·
Registered
20,196 Posts
I only met Ron in person at Moab. However prior to that we had several lengthy phone calls where he was always enthusiastic with offers of help and organization for the then upcoming 2015 Moab event. What a guy, I kept telling myself that he was going to be a good man to meet in person. I may have suggested a Moab group ride years ago but it was Ron who made it happen, generated the interest, maintained the enthusiasm, proposed the camp location. Thanks Ron! A very good man whose passing leaves us all a little impovrished.
Thanks to Marie for the invitation and insights into Ron's past.
R.I.P. Ron

·
Super Moderator
5,153 Posts
Can’t make it myself — but I’d appreciate if someone who was there passed on my respects (and those of others on the forum).

As per the previous comments above — he left his mark on a lot of people — and his legacy.

Stubborn to the end — at the same time - a gentle man ……………..

·
Registered
664 Posts
Just a heads up....construction on the bridge.... North end parking was closed when I came over it a few minutes ago....call me with any questions.... two zero eight three two nine three zero seven eight....

Travis

·
Registered
13,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just emailed her too with the Visitor Center phone number.

·
Registered
13,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For anyone who is attending the memorial for Ron, due to construction on the north end, the memorial will now be held on the southwest end down by the visitor center. We are still planning on attending.

Glad Flathats (Travis) drove by and saw the construction. Thanks Travis.

·
Registered
13,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Tribute To Ron.

Yesterday we met Marie, Ron's wife at the Perrine Bridge Visitor Center in Twin Falls, Idaho. In attendance were several of Ron's friends, even one from high school who came all the way from the S.F. Bay area. Additionally, close friend & forum member Idaho Larry from Moab if you were there & his brother, other friends I've never met before and fellow forum members Mekdad, Mrs. Admiral and myself attended the tribute. We all gathered and shared some of our memories of Ron with each other. Very interesting life indeed!

After sharing our memories on this rainy day, we followed Marie under the Perrine Bridge where she spread the last of Ron's ashes. Previously Marie had spread some of Ron's ashes on the Oregon Coast where she has special memories of her life with Ron, a favorite hunting spot of Ron's near Ola, Idaho and today here in Twin Falls, Idaho. Prior to everyone arriving, Marie spread some of Ron's ashes from the north end of the bridge. At our gathering, the ashes were spread from the south end, thus completing the bridge.

Most of you wouldn't know, but prior to being an instructor at Boise State University for 20 some years, Ron was an iron worker and was very instrumental in the construction of the Perrine Bridge.

Here is a link to Ron's Obituary: Ronald Baldner Obituary - Boise, ID | Idahostatesman.com

And a couple photo's at Perrine Bridge:

Kind of weird that it was just earlier this year we had been all excited making our riding plans for Moab and other fun adventures for the summer. Now all that is left are the pictures and memories.

Untill we meet again for the next ride Ron...

·
Registered
13,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Again thanks to Flathats for letting us know about the construction at the north end of the bridge. Appreciate the heads up pard!

·
Registered
20,196 Posts
Mighty praise for all who attended as well as those who sent good wishes. Ron was obviously a good man with good family and friends.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts