1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I want one!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Those are nice Ron, I like them! You taking orders? I would like 2 please.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I love you guys!
The most interesting man in the world would say "Stay thirsty my friends"
Our Friend Russ would say "Stay In The Saddle My Friends, And Ride Well !"
I gotta share this..
I just finished a great afternoon multi terrain ride through Otay Valley and crossed a stanky semi-stagnant stream/pond on my way back home. I was crossing the moss caked submerged boulders as the water got deeper and deeper.
Up to my seat the slimey water came and halfway across the 50 ft expanse the front end dropped and my LilThumper stopped thumping. I dropped my feet down onto the stream bed as my knee-high boots filled with water.

Oh No! I hope it didn't suck in water and hydro-loc the engine. I killed the power, dismounted and started pushing the heavy beast toward shore as the steam cloud drifted skyward and the sun began to set.

I finally reached shore and realized I had pushed it in gear making it twice as hard and once on dry ground pulled the air box plug and discovered no water draining (very good news!!) I then dumped the water out of my boots. I started thinking....

What would Russ do in this situation... my air box is Okay, so I must have got my spark plug wet (it was completely submerged) I let the engine warmth dry it out and after several kick start attempts I opened up the throttle and aired it out. suddenly a pop or two and brrrrrrrrup um phum phumph!!!!! she was ALIVE... It's A L I V E !! Ahhhh Haaaha Ha Ha! It's Alive !! What joy,,, I get to ride home and not walk!!
I rode the rest of the way out and arrived home boots still squishing with every step and a great big smile on my face.. Sometimes a great ride is just solving the calamity induced by our foolishness and appreciating the moment.
My Lovely wife Susan was glad to see me and was curious about my smirking smiling face. I told her about the situation and she laughed with me. I know Russ would have laughed with us and even shared a story or two...
Ride Well !

·
Registered
308 Posts
Nice story Jimbo! Isn't it amazing that we can think about a person, get inspiration from that person, and even hear the person... after they are gone. Russ was just one of those kinda guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts