TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share a few pics of the new rotopax and mount.

I purchased the two gallon with pack mount and the L-shaped bracket.

anyways thought I would share for anyone looking to buy and wanted some information.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Curious what would happen in a tip over? My TW has ended up on it's side a few times the cycle rack always protected the side. I ended up mounting my kolpin on the top of the rack since I normally don't carry much.

Might have to give that a shot.-Josh

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I only need my fuel pack a few times a year (for my 100- 160 mile mountain jaunts) so I mounted mine to the back of my heavy duty six gallon milk crate. The crate has some high density plastic quick connects that mount it to my cyclerack. I've also got a tractor tube on each side of the crate. One with bar oil and one with a premix bottle for my chainsaw I often take along. I still have enough room in the crate for a small lunch box.

I thought about mounting it on the side but I prefer having my two tool tubes there. One has a qt of emergency fuel for everyday riding and one has a tool set and tire irons.

Edit: I see cycleracks are now selling a fuel can holder attachment.

It's not as sturdy as your mount but it is very quick to take on/off.

Does anyone have any problems with the fuel pack mounts eating through the cyclerack powder coating?

Link to the other threads on this board about rotopax installs (most are lacking good photos) http://www.google.co...f40f95b1b9c7c0d

Kolpin Fuel Pack Threads http://www.google.co...f40f95b1b9c7c0d

·
Registered
684 Posts
Thought I would share a few pics of the new rotopax and mount.

I purchased the two gallon with pack mount and the L-shaped bracket.

anyways thought I would share for anyone looking to buy and wanted some information.
Have you road with it full? Can you tell there is around 12 pounds hanging to one side?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No i have not had a chance to ride with it yet as winter is still hanging around. Not too worried about it though.

As far as tip overs, not to worried about that! My main purpose for this is long back road camping rides. Most of the time I will be riding without it on. But when I'm packing all my gear on the cycle rack, having it mounted off to the side allows for more room.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would never mount it on the side because of the extra wieght hanging off the side. Such a light bike like the TW200 would be scary in a skid or on a slippery road. I bet you will rethink this and mount it on the top or center after you ride it around a bit. I guess you could mount another on the other side and take out the same amount of fuel out of each one when you fill up but how far do you really need to go?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would never mount it on the side because of the extra wieght hanging off the side. Such a light bike like the TW200 would be scary in a skid or on a slippery road. I bet you will rethink this and mount it on the top or center after you ride it around a bit. I guess you could mount another on the other side and take out the same amount of fuel out of each one when you fill up but how far do you really need to go?
The point of my post was not to talk about mounting points more of showing what the actual product looks like. The beauty of the rotopax is that i can move it to any point on the rack.

Look im not trying to be a dick but I didn't ask people where the best place to mount it was, all i was doing was giving people a look at the rotopax and the mounting hardware! When I was looking to buy one I couldn't find a decent pic or information so I was trying to give people interested that.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Although smaller the ct's have had gas canteens on one side for years

I've has day's out in the woods where I tore thru 3+ gallons

1 - 10 of 10 Posts