TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Rotopax mounts for Cyclerack

8K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  jb882 
#1 ·
I decided i wanted to mount up some Rotopax one gallon fuel and water containers on my TW. I had been thinking of a way to mount them up where i could remove the mounts if i didnt need to carry them and could also reconfigure them to carry 1 pack if i did not want both. What i came up with was to modify my rack to accept 2 rotopax ATV mounts so i would mount the packs side by side on the rack. This will allow me to still put my bag on top if i want to and i also can remove the mounts and remount them so can carry 1 pack if i want. I welded up some mounts with nuts welded to the bottom so i can easily remove the entire setup when i don't need it. Here are some pics of what i have done, all that is left to do is cleanup the welds a little and paint it.. I plan to do this to my other TW as well.

Here is a shot of what i did with one of the Rotopax mounts attached with a couple bolts. You can see the cross bars i made and welded in place.

Here is the bottom, i welded nuts to the braces so i can easily remove everything if i want to.

Here are the two packs mounted up. I didn't take a pic of the single pack but i can later.

See less See more
#2 ·
So, for a single container, you would remove 1 mount and fasten the other on the center 2 brackets! That is awesome!
Ima steal this when I finally get a Cyclerack.

#4 ·
That looks great. Nice job.

#6 ·
Here is a couple more shots.

One with a single rotopax.

And one with my Tinman Tim side racks and SW Motech tail bag mounted. I did notice a small flaw in my design getting the Tinman Tim racks on, something i never even considered. The front outer crossbar gets in the way, i either need to remove it entirely and go with a 3 point mount or shorten it and only attach it at the front of the rack. Both solutions would work, but i think i like option B of attaching it to the front of the rack.

#9 ·
That would be nice, it was tough grinding the powercoat off since it looked so nice but it had to be done. I also fabbed up a tool tube mount and welded that to the rear hump so a tube can simply be bolted on, its much more sturdy than the clamp mounts. I also plan to put hose clamps on the tube itself to the bracket i made since i have busted a couple of them with my tools in it. Both of my racks are complete and off getting coated in line-X right now. Should have them back next week and i will post up more pics I decided to go line-x over power coat because i like the toughness of it and the no slip finish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.