TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Rotopax mounts for Cyclerack

8K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  jb882 
#1 ·
I decided i wanted to mount up some Rotopax one gallon fuel and water containers on my TW. I had been thinking of a way to mount them up where i could remove the mounts if i didnt need to carry them and could also reconfigure them to carry 1 pack if i did not want both. What i came up with was to modify my rack to accept 2 rotopax ATV mounts so i would mount the packs side by side on the rack. This will allow me to still put my bag on top if i want to and i also can remove the mounts and remount them so can carry 1 pack if i want. I welded up some mounts with nuts welded to the bottom so i can easily remove the entire setup when i don't need it. Here are some pics of what i have done, all that is left to do is cleanup the welds a little and paint it.. I plan to do this to my other TW as well.

Here is a shot of what i did with one of the Rotopax mounts attached with a couple bolts. You can see the cross bars i made and welded in place.

Here is the bottom, i welded nuts to the braces so i can easily remove everything if i want to.

Here are the two packs mounted up. I didn't take a pic of the single pack but i can later.

See less See more
#2 ·
So, for a single container, you would remove 1 mount and fasten the other on the center 2 brackets! That is awesome!
Ima steal this when I finally get a Cyclerack.

#4 ·
That looks great. Nice job.

#6 ·
Here is a couple more shots.

One with a single rotopax.

And one with my Tinman Tim side racks and SW Motech tail bag mounted. I did notice a small flaw in my design getting the Tinman Tim racks on, something i never even considered. The front outer crossbar gets in the way, i either need to remove it entirely and go with a 3 point mount or shorten it and only attach it at the front of the rack. Both solutions would work, but i think i like option B of attaching it to the front of the rack.

#9 ·
That would be nice, it was tough grinding the powercoat off since it looked so nice but it had to be done. I also fabbed up a tool tube mount and welded that to the rear hump so a tube can simply be bolted on, its much more sturdy than the clamp mounts. I also plan to put hose clamps on the tube itself to the bracket i made since i have busted a couple of them with my tools in it. Both of my racks are complete and off getting coated in line-X right now. Should have them back next week and i will post up more pics I decided to go line-x over power coat because i like the toughness of it and the no slip finish.

#11 ·
If you don't mind saying, how much does that run for a rear Cyclerack? Thanks!
I think that may very from place to place. The guy that's doing mine has lined my last three trucks and is giving me a deal. What he is going to do is spray them when he has some extra material mixed so he doesn't have to mix a special batch just for this . I'm just paying for his painters labor so like 100 bucks for the pair to prep and spray them. Not sure what another shop might charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.