TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you guys saw my LED round Truck Lite conversion I did a few weeks ago ,I want you to know it went in the trash today. It made the bike look like an old 70's scrambler , but at night it was a piece of shit. That the best way to describe it. The problem with auto bulbs, especially the LED's is they throw a very flat spread of light. I rode a few miles tonight and it was terrible. When I would turn around in a u turn , all the light was in the dirt on the inside of the turn and up in the sky on the high side. Plus when leaning into curves the road was very dim . It sure looked good on the bike , but very bad functionally. I even changed out the LED for a Halogen build out of my truck and it throws the same pattern. I put my old TW light back on and the faring and went for a short test ride and was so happy, I turned a short ride into an hour tour through the country. Learned an important thing too, skunks don't like motorcycles. Thank goodness I had a good headlight and new knobby tires. I had to hit the opposite road ditch to keep from getting sprayed.That dang skunk needed a led tail light for sure.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Not trying to sound abonormal ,but , do you think it could have actually been the reflector in the housing and not the bulb ?. I obviously wasn't there ,just a thought .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts