TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, I couldn't stand it no longer. took that sxs and ace and sent them to new owners and picked up one of those Mahindra diesel jeeps. Now to figure how to carry it plus the fifth wheel. At least it will get better mileage. I had a roof, windshield and winch put on, plus had it chipped so it has about 30 percent more power and will do 60. Looking forward to getting it street legal.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Would really like to see pics or even better a video. Do they let you drive it on the backroads where you’re at? Have you looked at toy-hauler RVs? Congrats

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A lot of small towns let sxs drive into town. They are made street legal by putting blinkers, a horn and mirror on. Some are even plated in some states to be road worthy. I will be ordering the street legal system and putting it on. I did this with my other quads and a sxs, no problem. Just put it on, have it inspected and turn in the paperwork and you are good to go.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Pictures? Video?
The Roxor seems really nice. Especially if it can be made faster and street legal. Not so much for NY, but for Florida.....

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
A lot of small towns let sxs drive into town. They are made street legal by putting blinkers, a horn and mirror on. Some are even plated in some states to be road worthy. I will be ordering the street legal system and putting it on. I did this with my other quads and a sxs, no problem. Just put it on, have it inspected and turn in the paperwork and you are good to go.
The Roxor's are intriguing for sure. Sometimes the State of Washington confuses me. Street legalizing a SxS or Roxor, for instance, can make sense. That's where WA confuses me, they tend to not make sense sometimes and I would think they wouldn't allow it. Glad you can get it done though. My father-in-law asked about getting some kind of Chinese UTV licensed for the road here in Idaho. The UTV has all the required equipment to make it street legal. DMV told him they couldn't do it because it wasn't fast enough to be on the interstate. I never heard that one before and believe the clerk is in error. How fast will a TW go again? Freeway Speed?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Kris; when I had my quad and looked up the laws here in Idaho: this exception was ONLY for QUADS. Requirements were headlights; taillight; brake light; mirror; horn audible for 200 ft?; and insured.

Laws said you could not drive on posted Highways that had signs like "hwy 55 - hwy 21 - hwy 84" with certain exceptions only to cross them.
Also said entities "cities" that wanted to DIS-allow this from happening must post signs on the streets it wants to prohibit. I have never seen a sign; but imagine you would get ticketed in larger cities and have to go to court; and hope there is not another code that contradicts. I set mine up co I could go around town and plow family and friends driveways when it snowed. That new John Deer with heated and A/C cab would really be nice for that - but the exception was not for UTVs (only ATV/Quads).

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread. Pics and videos please, Plumb!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My computer is having an issue with downloading pictures. I tried with my phone, but it wants to go facebook. Is a pain. I ordered the road legal equipment and a few other wants, (not needs) to dress it up a bit. We do like to personalize don't we. Now to figure how to mount an automatic chain gun or recoiless rifle lol.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took it out for a drive downtown to fill with fuel. Get that, fuel. Could not go any higher than 3rd gear. At almost idle it ran 25mph. No high revving here, quiet, no vibration, easy ride. So glad I did this. For those of you looking into rzr's and such, you should take a look at these.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I’m guessing the reason it’s considered a UTV is it doesn’t come close to meeting today’s U.S Highway Safety standards. It doesn’t have airbags or some of the other requirements such as crash testing. I wonder if a person found an old Jeep title if you could swap around a few parts along with a serial number or two and make something street legal. The top speed is still a little slow though.
Here in Washington things are difficult. I eventually sold all my quads and SxS’s due to all the restrictions. I became more and more frustrated. I would take it hunting and I wouldn’t even get it unloaded from the trailer before a forest service cop or game warden would be warning me I would get a ticket if I did. They were licensed for the road, but I was told by everyone I could contact in the forest service that UTV’s were illegal on Federally owned forest service roads. I was repeatedly told all vehicles must be “highway” capable, meaning they must meet those Highway safety Standards etc.
To find out if you could operate on a specific road you first had to determine who owned the road. If it was a Federal, State, County, or city owned road. Then you had to contact that jurisdiction to find out their rules, which were very difficult to find and were very restrictive in most places.
I loved my UTV’s. But for those reasons I purchased a 30 year old Suzuki Samurai. It only weighs 2,100 pounds, goes 65 mph, and is Highway legal in all 50 states.
With the TW on the front and the Samurai on the back I should be covered.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am hoping it will fit on the flatbed. I extended the ramps as it will be out over the cab. It will be centered as opposed to one side. I will put my carryall in my receiver and take one TW on the hitch under the 5th wheel neck. All should be good. With that and the usually woodpile and extra water, I will be good to go.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Congrats on the ROXOR purchase, Plumb. My brother just drove up to Tennessee last week to trade his Honda Pioneer in on one. Dealer gave him a great deal over the phone and was good to their word when he got there. The deal made the trip from Florida well worth the savings and he and his wife turned it into a trip to the mountains as well.
I hope you are satisfied well as he is. Him and his wife LOVE their new "Nicessity" ! !

Marty

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
Randall, please do't think the Roxor will corner flat out in sand washes like the wild ride you gave me in Utah...that is unless the Roxor at "flat out" is only doing 15mph.
You and your machine sure impressed me, I figured on a few of those tosses we were going to roll and get wadded up against the far bank.
I do think the more relaxed pace of the Roxor matches you better though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am waiting on a wire the blinker kit was missing. The title says motorcycle/rotor. I think I will be able to plate it. I would be on the road to quartz site by now if the warehouse gal had put in all the part. New helper was there excuse. Will be coming back through moab on the way home

1 - 18 of 18 Posts