TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that 3/4 running lights are outon my '07, only the frt rt works. All blinkers work fine, just no running lights. Will one of you electrical gurus please tell me which wires power the running lights. I'm sure it's probably a connector somewhere, but a little help would be nice. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I'm not sure which 3 running lights you're referring to. If you mean the turn signals, only the 2 fronts function as running lights, and in the rear only the tail light should be lit.

(We already solved 2/3 of your problem right there. Ain't we good?)

Check the filaments in the bulb first, then look for corrosion in the socket, then follow the 3 wires into the harness near the steering neck and make sure they're connected.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm not sure which 3 running lights you're referring to. If you mean the turn signals, only the 2 fronts function as running lights, and in the rear only the tail light should be lit.

(We already solved 2/3 of your problem right there. Ain't we good?)

Check the filaments in the bulb first, then look for corrosion in the socket, then follow the 3 wires into the harness near the steering neck and make sure they're connected.

Yup, what he said.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, what he said.
Yea, the turn signals. I did check the filaments and switched bulbs yesterday. Only the right side stayed on, but both blinkers worked, still the left side running light no worky. I did fiddle with a connector behind the headlight and got it to work sporatically; then I had to go to work. Thought I'd start it in the morning and re-check the connector, but lo and behold the battery was dead. Yes, I did shut it off yesterday afternoon and took the key out. Aarg. Got it on a trickle charger this evening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts