TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I needed to replace a broken rear turn signal so I had the bright idea (hah) to put front ones on the back and have running lights as well. Then I realized that's illegal, oops:dread:. I'm still gonna do it and have a switch to turn off the rear running lights if I have to. Anyway I am also running an Osram Rally headlight bulb 70/65w (super neat bulb) and LED tail light. So my total wattage is will be 20 watts over stock, my dub is an '06, will my charging system be able to keep up? Also, has anyone actually been pulled over for Amber rear running lights? Your advice and expertise will be appreciated.

best regards, MAC

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Turtle Chaser, Why not simply change out the amber lens's on the back to be red lens's ?
TWilight , I thought about doing that but after scouring the internet i could not find any replacement red lenses for the OEM signals. I did find some clear ones and I could use red bulbs. I'm not sure that's the best visibility option. My purpose is to be seen from the rear and the factory amber signals do a good job. In an effort to appease the LAW and lessen the load on the charging system I will use 2057 bulbs to replace the 1157 type. The 2057 is 1.6w dimmer at the 'low' filament and the same at the 'high' filament as an 1157. Great to know the Tdub can handle a bit of extra electrical load! Greatly appreciate your help, MAC

Reactions: littletommy
1 - 3 of 3 Posts