TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off this morning and rode over to Rush Arkansas. It's now a ghost town, but from the early 1880's to the end of WWI it was a home to several zinc mines. Not a lot is left to see, but it's still pretty cool, and I got to rest up on the bank of the Buffalo river before heading home. I found a really neat little rock cabin and had lunch there along the way. 255 miles round trip and I was grinning the whole way. http://www.encyclopediaofarkansas.net/encyclopedia/entry-detail.aspx?entryID=1270

·
Registered
234 Posts
Nice ride report. I made a similiar stove out of stainless steel to burn twigs, It works really well with a 10" wok, but isn't nearly as compact as you,re setup.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've made a a few burners of various types, and bought a few too. This one is the most compact one I've found. I don't eat anything that reguires more than boiling some water. This one will boil enough water for a Mountain house meal and a cup of coffee in less than 10 minutes. Yellow bottle Heet for fuel is available everywhere, and if it leaks in your bag it just evaporates and goes away, instead of stinking forever like Coleman fuel.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
r80rt here is my little stove its a oldie but a good one
/albums/jj524/ridgeline88/IMG-20130528-00172.jpg[/IMG]
That's nice I like it, it's one of the best design's I've seen, is it a Primus?? I have a similar old Optimus 8R that I've carried in a saddlebag for a zillion miles. I liked that it would burn fuel from my bikes gas tank.

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
You come up with some of the coooooolest rides!

So nice

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I love that country! So beautiful with all the green trees and foliage plus the rivers and streams. And it seems there is plenty of interesting sites to find, as well. I don't doubt that you were grinning the whole time. Awesome ride, thanks for taking us along. I like your cooking gear. My son made me a simple little cook stove from a mountain dew can. It also uses Heet, or alcohol for fuel. Very convenient and easy.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh yeah, those pop can stoves are great, I let my riding partner talk me out of the last one I had. The greenery is nice, but it blocks a LOT, you can't see 30 feet off the trail. riding in the fall and winter is the time to really see the cool stuff here.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
stove; i thought it was one of the old primus. as usual, great ride!

·
Registered
13,716 Posts
Cool looking old buildings. Rush, just like most of the old ghost towns of the west, has its ties to the mining industry. I love the "roads less traveled" and you seem to have a knack for riding 'em! Great ride!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
You sure have a very scenic area to ride! Had a customer's vehicle in yesterday with "Arkansas" plates. Our new young tech said "where is R Kansas"? as he was writing down vehicle info. I was wondering what the heck was he talking about so had to check out license plate to see if it was some area in Canada I have never heard of. We all bust out laughing that he pronounced it that way and had never heard of it. Guess he must have been home sick from school when they were going over the different states....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts