TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Oooh, can't watch right now, Admiral must be doing his editing magic. I'll be back. This should be good.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. Wish I could have shown you the Buffalo Hump road in video. If I'd have known my video camera was gonna dump the files, I would have taken pictures of it, but the video would have really shown what it was like to actually ride it. Alas, you can only go by the word of us who road it, how hard it was. ...and I'd ride it again just so I could do more exploring up there!

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thinking how nice it would be to actually hear it while riding

Also like when you can get to the lookouts. Last month took a slow ride up to Grandjean where friends were riding horses. On the way back decided to go up to Deadwood Lookout and Scott Mtn. Lookout. Gates at both so you could not get up to either one. Left home 6:30am got back 5:30pm. (maybe 2 1/2 hours not riding) Not like long rides on the slab in top gear. I.ve still got "clutch (tennis) elbow" from using the clutch so much. War Eagle Lookout above Secesh Meadows you can go up and talk to the guy inside. Great posts as always.
Once in a while I do listen to music with one of those MP3 Player gizmow's. Sneaking the speaker wires into my ears works well with the helmets I wear. I also have a newer Dual Sport Bilt Helmet and cannot use the MP3 player. Helmet fits a lot more snuggly.

I love riding to the lookouts too. I've been to many. Couple years ago we rode near California Lake, but didn't make it to War Eagle Lookout. We did make it to Carey Dome lookout on the same trip and talked to the fire lookout for a long time. Good guy. Same goes for Whitehawk, Jackson Peak, Sturgill and No Business lookouts, very informative lookout folks. Worst was Silver Creek lookout near Silver Creek Plunge. I could tell we weren't welcome so I snapped a quick photo and departed.

Scott Mtn and Deadwood lookouts are on my bucket list and kind of sad to hear they are gated. I suppose Deadwood is gated because it's a rental and they want the renters to have privacy.

Not done yet, but I want to ride in the Grandjean area, whether on the TW or our mules. When my father in law graduated from high school, he worked that first summer constructing trails in the Grandjean area.

Glad you get out and ride. That's what it's all about!

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Wonderful editing and music. White wildflowers seem surrealistic. I miss Idaho, it is a gem of a state.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This was our second outing in which the video's disappeared. I guess they must be in cloud storage someplace. Giggle.

Wife just got me an ION Air Pro Wi-Fi action camera. I've tried it a couple of times riding to the mailbox and back. Unlike the old camera, this one works better on the helmet than it does on the B-Dub tank mount. Pretty sure I won't use the Wi-Fi thingy as we don't have them thar new fangled phones, but it has a couple features I like so far. One is when it's in the off position, all I have to do it flip the switch to record and it turns it on automatically and starts recording. No need to power it up first. Second, with the helmet on, the camera vibrates when turning on and off. I can "hear" this through the helmet quite well. Sounds like a distant fog horn. Still lots of other things to discover about it, of which most I'll be unlikely to use. I don't think it has as many features as the GoPro camera's, but it should work well for my needs...and it was cheaper:p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts