TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think first order of business is for everyone to check in who's interested in attending. We can figure out when and where after seeing who all is actually serious about coming, and then survey from that lot. I want as many people as possible for the inaugural Russ Rally SC. This is a chance for us to start something special for all us dubbers, and the coolest thing about these rallies, Lizrdbrth will be at every one of them.

Let's do this!

**Consolidation**

Who: +15/-2 TOTAL
+Date = proposed works
-Date = yet to commit

r80rt +1
Hills of Arkansas
+Date

mattmus4357
NW Arkansas
-Date

Tirebiter
Neosho, MO/Michigan
+Date

OSOK
Mississippi
+Date

Uwdlk2no2
Mississippi
+Date

aerosmith
Missouri
+Date

MCC1776
Dallas, TX
+Date

ldmccain
Pearl, MS
+Date

Philosobrad +2
Springfield, MO
+Date

tushhog
LA
+Date

Wildside +1
NC Arkansas
+Date

r100rt
Arkansas
+Date

Fr8dog
North Mississippi
-Date

What:
Russ Rally SC 2014

Where:
Ozark National Forest MVUM and other trails with nightly camping accommodations.

When:
April 20-26, just waiting for "Who" consensus

Why:
Because our bikes say so. They are itching to meet each other. We can't let our bikes down. No really, it's a rally/ride/camp in Lizrdbrth's honor.

I would like to start moving towards a solid date. If you want to come and these dates either work or don't work for you, please come up on the net with your feedback. Thanks.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
South Central Check In:
r80rt
MCC1776

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Best riding seems like you and r80rt's neck of the woods (Ozarks), and date is totally up in the air.

Personally, I took a week of leave off (APR 20-26) for another trip. But that can be changed. There was lots of mentioning of the first half of September. Was there any area or time you had in mind?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I'm thinking the White rock mountain area in NW Arkanssas would be really good. any time would probably work for me.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
250 Posts
Time wise, spring/summer would be best for me. I do most of my traveling for work in the fall, and do a lot of weekend work then as well.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
If you don't mind a yankee showing up, I'd be interested in meeting and riding with you guys. I have a friend in Neosho, MO that I visit a couple times a year and can combine a visit with him and a ride with all y'all. I think that is pretty close to the area r80rt suggested. I've never been to Arkansas but heard it's a nice place.

Spring/early summer is best for me but most any time is ok except for Speed Week at Bonneville in mid August and the US Nationals at Indy in late August.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
There are a lot of us on the west coast too. I anticipate being in N CA in Feb so anything after that in the relative region would be good for us west coasters. We could probably caravan as a pod from N CA. Brian, Joe, me etc.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm interested - close enough - would this be at a state park where we can camp?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would love to join you all on this Rally, I'm in Mississippi as well and I have another friend who is a member of the forums that I work and ride with alot who has a tw as well. Looks like you're planning NW Arkansas for the place..Just need a timeframe now so I can schedule the vacation.

Thanks,
Lance

·
Registered
602 Posts
Oh man! I was raised on a farm in NW Arkansas and went to high school there. One of my classmates has been after me to come back for a visit. And has offered parking for my RV as long as I want. On 20 acres. I absolutely can't afford it but I'm gonna start saving. This is something I would very much like to do. I dread the Chiggers, but I can cope.

A trip back home plus the Russ ride. I'm starting to lay plans.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Spring seems to be the popular vote. I already reserved a week off for a trip. Does anyone object to April 20-26? My leave is weird, they make us start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday. But I might be able to convince my lieutenant to give me an additional couple of days to last through a weekend if for some reason we can't do it in the middle of a week compared to a weekend.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts