TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
Have a 2012 TW with a bit over 2500 miles on it. The head pipe on the exhaust is all rusty crusty looking. I want to refinish it as it makes an otherwise mint bike look bad. I was thinking 1200 degree flat black automotive header paint. What have any of you used, and did it last?

Other option is Ceracoat or having it Jethot coated.

Thanks

Reactions: Badgerflorida

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I repainted my muffler with Hi Temp flat black after managing to melt my nylon jacket liner all over it....that worked fine. If your header is only surface rusted it will probably work. Clean it up with some heavy duty ScotchBrite first.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi Guys,
Have a 2012 TW with a bit over 2500 miles on it. The head pipe on the exhaust is all rusty crusty looking. I want to refinish it as it makes an otherwise mint bike look bad. I was thinking 1200 degree flat black automotive header paint. What have any of you used, and did it last?

Other option is Ceracoat or having it Jethot coated.

Thanks
Did the same to mine, 1200+ flat auto header paint. I took mine off and sanded it some and cleaned then painted. Still looks good, as usual burnt paint smell on first start up.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I bought a quart of stove/grill paint which was a waste of money. Now I don’t care what it looks like :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im really liking that stainless pipe. Found one for $158 brand new. Still talking myself into it.....:very_drunk:

Reactions: Badgerflorida

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Im really liking that stainless pipe. Found one for $158 brand new. Still talking myself into it.....:very_drunk:
Used ones are usually pretty available on Ebay for a lot cheaper. Just get one that is not dented up and then use a little elbow grease to clean/polish it up. You may have to cut about 1/2" off the back end to mate it up with your TW muffler.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Too late... I just bought it... with a new DG muffler. I had to to justify the Dynojet jet kit I bought on Monday....

I'm a sick man...:confusion:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i found a ttr225 pipe for $40 on ebay and it fit perfectly on my old tw200 motor and on the new ttr225 just as well. looks great and no rust.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Take it off sand blast and paint with CAT muffler paint. Have done many bike and snowmobile exhausts and it works and looks great. $10 repair for next time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I got an Email from the place I ordered the pipe from today. Turns out they did not have the pipe in stock. They ordered one from Japan... and it won't get here till June 5th. Needless to say, I canceled the order. I found a used one on Epay for $48 with the heat shield and no dents. Should have that one next week. I'll shine her up real pretty and pocket the extra hundred bucks for gas money

1 - 11 of 11 Posts