TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Partially loaded at 30 tons divided by six wheels is an average of 5 tons per tire. That requires a pretty competent and firm road bed. A fairly wide one too in order to avoid collapsing any unconsolidated road shoulders. If not for the snow capabilities there is not many places around here that a million dollar 6x6 RV could make it to that an ordinary RV couldn't due to narrowness of roads, turn radii and overhead vegetation. Most open country desert roads wide enough for the Zetros are maintained well enough to not need the crawl gears.
So I'll put off buying the Zetros 6x6 until I move to the Atacama Desert or Alaska's Point Barrow and then opt for some big tundra floatation tires.:D Maybe put a tray outside the door to put my muddy bath slippers in after using the outdoor shower. :p

Registered
I like RV's and I have a camper that I use often, but I can't really see the point of this vehicle. what would one use it for that a number of other vehicles can do better, namely a TW with a tent. I've always thought of campers as a place to shower and sleep between rides!

It WOULD be awesome in the arctic though!

Registered
I like RV's and I have a camper that I use often, but I can't really see the point of this vehicle. what would one use it for that a number of other vehicles can do better, namely a TW with a tent. I've always thought of campers as a place to shower and sleep between rides!

It WOULD be awesome in the arctic though!
I have a hard time getting my head around it sometimes. but here in the US all land is "accounted for" as private, public, parks or government. And public and parks. is not really public and in most regards. South America , Africa, China, Russia, Australia and other places have vast open unfenced spaces. I have relatives in Peru and Brazil and you can easily go thousands of miles on barely passable roads and be 300 miles from civilization. We did a job in Russia 10 years ago and the drive over logging type roads was 12 hours from the closest airport ( and that airport was 6 hour flight from international airport ) to a town that had an oil well explosion.

Also some people travel the world on extended multi year trips in those expedition vehicles, shipping them from continent to continent on freighters and the people just traveling as cargo.

Overlanders ( as they call themselves ) are pretty popular here in the US and have some pretty big meet ups with some really awesome off-road campers.

I would use the heck out of one of those, but my wife likes having a house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts