TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Wish that deal was close to me. I would buy it as a second bike just to have it for friends to ride.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
i just texted him.... might be able to make my dad a T-dub rider yet.

thanks fred!

·
Registered
20,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thank SkiPro3, the member driven away from this forum by hate mail sent to his PM.
He sent me this info and I thought that was rather decent of the guy.
Thanks SkiPro.
P.S. It is not his bike for sale.

·
Registered
20,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope you get it Joe, I was tempted just for the trailer! Wanna go halvsies?:p

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I would be gassing up the Tacoma!

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
TW B's probably already got it in his garage!! ;)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
the dmv back fees might be a small fortune....

·
Registered
20,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could not buyer hypothetically register it in Vermont as I have read possible here on forum? Thus theoretically avoiding back fees assessed by California?

·
Registered
7,136 Posts
Could not buyer hypothetically register it in Vermont as I have read possible here on forum? Thus theoretically avoiding back fees assessed by California?
Do you mean register it in Vermont and then register it in Calif? Sounds good on the surface and might even be doable but I bet it won't go smoothly.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I found this interesting;

CA cars that are removed from California do not have to pay CA DMV fees. The one caveat to this is if the car returns to CA, the DMV will try to collect the fees, even some years down the road.

There is no "Title being held hostage" issue when fees are due. You may take the unit to your home state and sell it there with no impact from California. The only impairment to the title is that the transfer & registration in California of the effected unit will cause the back fees to become due.

·
Registered
20,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good explanation Blueduce, thanks. I had been under possibly false impression that California would not release clear title status if attempt was made in another state.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Your welcome Fred; that answer was in regards to a question on a Mecum auto auction. Apparently it's not uncommon for some of these " great deals " we see cross the block to have unpaid registration fees in Calif. That would make sense to me now, when you see a newly restored hoopty w/ fresh paint and no miles on a resto-mod go for what you think is a great deal. But what a pisser if you lived in Calif.....

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
How are these back fees determined on a bike such as this that sells for $1,000?

Here in NY the 1,000 bike would cost me $80 in taxes plus registration and plate fees, probably a total of $120.

GaryL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts