TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
That's terrible brother!! That was a nice looking bike, but at least they left most of it and you'll be able to fix it hopefully.
I left my home on Sunday morning, noticed there's no TW on the parking place where my son left her day before. Then, 50 meters down the back road, I found this:
View attachment 105282 View attachment 105290

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been chasing the front wheel and fork for almost 3 years (the one on the bike was from Yamaha DT). Finally found the donor bike last winter. I bought complete '99 TW125. During winter my son and I completed the bike with all the better parts from both bikes. The plan for the next winter was the paint job.
They stole front fork and wheel, instruments and exhaust. Also, they cut the front brake hose

·
Registered
416 Posts
Amazing what some animals will do! Can't call them people since they are such low lifes! Man, sorry for the problem. Good luck with getting it back together.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
That sucks, just terrible.
in the game of life what comes around... hope the bastards that did that learn the hard way.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sorry to hear about the theft. At least you got back most of the motorcycle. But now you are back at your starting point again.

I don't know the used parts market there but I agree someone is selling them or knew of someone looking for a set and fulfilled that order.

I live in an area known for "great deals" on used parts.
You have to pass by the CL deals that seem too good and shame your buddies the just "scored" X part or tool, while getting gasoline, from someone down on their luck and just needed a little gas money.
They are thieves and you know they are selling your neighbors things cheaply, usually for drug money, where I live.

Best wishes for finding what you need as soon as possible.

·
Registered
20,369 Posts
So sorry.
Replacement TW front ends seem to be in demand in Croatia since it took Miro 3 years to originally source the stolen parts. So sad, hope it does not take another three years to replace them again.:(

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
It's too bad he isn't here in the States. I'm sure someone might have had something to help him.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My guess is it was some kids trying to complete their crashed TW. I don't see any other reasonable explanation. Serious thieves would load her into the van and she will completely disappear. Who else would messing with tools in the midle of the night, 50 meters far from parking lot and a building where i live.

·
Registered
346 Posts
This is my opinion, but I say this calls for some serious a$$ kicking that makes one reconsider their position in life. I wish I could help you with that.

However, the bike - I believe it has disk brakes? Looks like they cut the brake line...

That front rim... it appears to be smaller/thinner than stock?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is my opinion, but I say this calls for some serious a$$ kicking that makes one reconsider their position in life. I wish I could help you with that.

However, the bike - I believe it has disk brakes? Looks like they cut the brake line...

That front rim... it appears to be smaller/thinner than stock?
I'm not against some good a$$ kicking, but I don't know who they are...

The pic in #16 is pre-rebuilding. Front fork and wheel is from Yamaha DT (I think)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts