TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
And people drive into what they are staring at.
You got that right....
Target Fixation and boy is that a target :p. I actually practice avoiding objects by not looking at them. It’s a skill that needs to become “second nature” to us motorcyclists

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So according to your theory, not being seen is better? They won't crash into you if they're looking at something else? Don't most people say "But officer, I didn't see him."? How could they fixate on the target if they didn't see the 'target'?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
So according to your theory, not being seen is better? They won't crash into you if they're looking at something else? Don't most people say "But officer, I didn't see him."? How could they fixate on the target if they didn't see the 'target'?
Wow talk about going to extremes in your interpretation! What he is implying is that it is TOO visible and thus a distraction.

Tom

·
Registered
884 Posts
The boys are right. If a drunk is heading into you at night, shut your lights and maneuver around it. Do you know how many truckers who set up road flares around their disabled rigs get hit because people follow the road flares into their trailers. As a performance driver, you look away from an accident because the car is stupid. It will go straight into what you are looking at. Don't put a panzy ass light like that on your bike. The cops are not going to give you the "safety first" award. Blue lights are illegal in all 50 states unless on an emergency vehicle as red lights are not permitted on the front of the vehicle or overhead facing the front. A bike is not a motor vehicle so I am not positive if there is a law on it. A TW has the same characteristics of a motor vehicle. DO not put a blue light on your TW.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If worried about being seen there is always headlight modulators and for the rear the tailblazer brake, pulses and then goes solid red when stopped. It is plug and play. Also you could buy hyper-lites which would do the same thing as the tailblazer. I don’t think I would want something that runs on a AA battery since I know I would eventually forget to turn it on and/or off, then it is useless.

Just my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts