TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
I have to wonder how a bike like this ended up in a salvage auction and why it is in baskets. I'll take 2 guesses. It was stolen and the thief fried the top end before it was recovered. OR, The dealer installed the wrong oil filter which blew the top end and the buyer cut his loss and let the bank repossess it instead of fighting with the dealer. What are some other opinions on this sad situation?

You are right PL, this sure could be a great score for someone in Florida who is willing to jump through all the hoops to buy and get it back in full running condition. Funny that they list the value as being a bit over $3500 but certainly not in it's present condition. I will be surprised if it fetches over $2K in this auction.

GaryL

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is the best time of yer to be bidding most of the bog wrecking yards and car dealers are on vacation and the private guys are with families and have lots of Christmas expenses this TW could sell for $25 I doubt over $1000 max and would bet $700 if I had to wager. My CoPart bidding credentials won't let me bid in Florida or I'd consider bidding. CoPart doe shave a few hundred in membership fees plus lots of buyer fees etc but I've still bought lots of deals from them over the years

1 - 3 of 3 Posts