TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On an afternoon ride not to long ago with son's #2 #3. #3's start to the ride wasn't the smoothest. He finished the day, but what is unknown, is how long it will take his shoulder to stop hurting. The rest of the ride was uneventful...thankfully!
Admiral (dad) TW200
Son #2 KTM450EXC
Son #3 KX250F

All smiles, saddled up and ready to ride

Ruh Roh!!!!

Survived! Though he has a pretty sore right shoulder.

The rest of the ride was some fun up's and down's with me eating a bunch of KTM and Kawasaki dust. Hey, I'm old and don't
ride as fast as they do!

Take Care

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Whenever you mention Sand Hollow it gets my attention, because there is a Sand Hollow just a few miles from me also. It's always a bonus to get to ride with your sons! The reason they ride faster is because they heal up quicker :D; I hope he's OK. Thanks for the video and pics, I enjoyed them.

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
TW200
KTM450EXC
KX250F

Given the above choices I would take the bike with a license plate!

As for the tumble, I bet I could do that though I may not survive as well, if at all.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whenever you mention Sand Hollow it gets my attention, because there is a Sand Hollow just a few miles from me also. It's always a bonus to get to ride with your sons! The reason they ride faster is because they heal up quicker :D; I hope he's OK. Thanks for the video and pics, I enjoyed them.
I border 2 counties, since the area is called Sand Hollow, both counties decided they needed to name different roads in each county "Sand Hollow". There is also a "Hollow" road in the mix too. Can get very confusing when giving directions!

#3 has X-Rays on Friday:(

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Hope your son is O.K. I was going to tease you about making a family Christmas Card of his crash but instead shall wish him a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fred,

Christmas Card, great idea. He might not appreciate it right now though. Giggle:p

Here's the backstory: #3 was mentioning to me and #2 not to be a bunch of "Sally Boys". We took that to mean ride fast or get out of the way you bunch of slow weak girly men. Of course #2 told him to go pound sand, while I just mentioned that I was old and gonna go slow no matter what. That's what I do!

Then the crash. There was a series of "oh crap" "no, he's ok" "oh crap" "why is he holding his arm" moments.

In the video, you can see I ran right over and was relieved to see him stand up right away. Then we asked if he was ok. He said yes, so #2 and I started laughing. Normal reaction no? I do believe I remember #2 mumbling something about him being a "Sally Boy". Guess that comment came back to bite him.:D

We rested there for about 15 minutes and asked him if he was ok again or should we go back home. He said he was alright. So on we went. We rode the next couple of hours without incident.

Upon returning home, we noticed he was holding his arm still, and obviously in pain. Then he asked us to load up the bike for him. At that point we realized he hadn't told us the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. He had infact hurt his shoulder.

Next day I learned he called in sick to work cause his shoulder was so sore. I told him to seek medical attention asap, but he thinks he's tuff. So, yesterday I finally convinced him to see a doc and at least get an x-ray to rule out anything bad. Appointment on friday, so we'll see.

He did ask me to email him the photo's, so I guess he's not on his death bed!

Now that I think on it more, yeah, he's getting a X-Mas card!:p

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
It is surprising how some of those moments can become such memorial moments. A smart remark, the flash of an expression, a reaction, you never know what it will be. Somehow we come to cherish those times with and of our children and friends. God bless you Admiral that you can ride with your boys and enjoy them. Life is short, play often.
Mel

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sorry to hear about the crash. Always best to crash while off-road. As always, Admiral, your posts are very entertaining and fun to read. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
I have heard of "pounding sand" but that was entirely too literal.

Happy Trails

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is surprising how some of those moments can become such memorial moments. A smart remark, the flash of an expression, a reaction, you never know what it will be. Somehow we come to cherish those times with and of our children and friends. God bless you Admiral that you can ride with your boys and enjoy them. Life is short, play often.
Mel
Amen to that :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome wipe out! Glad he's mostly OK. :)
+1, sucks he has to wait until Friday for the x-rays... No hospital around?
I know he's gonna live and all, but it was an awesome fail. By the way, I did tell him it was all on camera!:p

rbm I think he's was thinking he didn't have to go to the hospital. I kept pressuring him to see a doc. He could be giving me lip service just to get off his case. I txt him everyday how it is, so I'm keeping the pressure on till he does!

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hope he heals quickly. The very next time you all go out for another ride - have your missus (with a very straight face) offer him the use of her four-wheeler. hee hee.
I'll be mumbling something about "Sally Boy" when I hand him the ATV key's! With a very straight face:p

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry to hear about the crash. Always best to crash while off-road. As always, Admiral, your posts are very entertaining and fun to read. Thanks for sharing!
I'm not sure which is the best way to crash, but you're right in this case, the sand was softer than pavement it!:p

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ouch! Hard impact, glad he is ok!
I was surprised he got up so quickly. I thought he was gonna be all twisted up and down for the count. Now just gotta see what the doc say's. Hopefully just bruised and sore with lots of rest.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have heard of "pounding sand" but that was entirely too literal.

Happy Trails
Dang it, I've used that term so many times before and didn't think of it this time. Somehow I'll slip it into the next conversation I have with him!:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts