TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The nearest to me of 4 MAX BMW locations (Brookfield, CT) participates and has been sending a team of riders to this event for a few years. I don't know much about it but looks like something I might want to be a spectator or volunteer at the first time and then maybe participate in a year later if it's good. Happen to have the date, the day before and after free. A month from tomorrow, March 3rd.
Anyone ever been to it?

http://www.sandblastrally.com

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
That looks cool, I saw Max had an intro to rally racing at his place but I couldn't make it. Cant make that weekend either but look forward to your report.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did crew/service/transport for my son’s rally team a few years back. These events are always in need of volunteers.
If you have a ham radio license even better. You will spend a lot of time standing around but will typically have a better view of the
competitors than if just spectating plus you get a tee shirt and some food. And if you get smitten I know of a proven competition
rally car for sale. You will meet a bunch of nice people as well. There’s a rally coming up soon in Wellsboro PA but I don’t think it includes
bikes such as Sand Blast and Black River in upstate NY. Volunteering is a great introduction to stage rallying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts