TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my self a 2008 with 1,000 miles on her. The bike feels so much better than my 89. It has that new car solid feeling to it..cant wait to try it offroad.

Looks like a custom made skidplate. Eat your heart out lzrdbrth

o ring chain with a 70 tooth sprocket. Also have a 45,50, and 65.

squid fmf exhaust..but it doesn't sound bad..for now...

What is this thing on the spark plug? My 89 doesn't have it..does it make my bike faster?

Whats missing in this picture? Can you believe somebody stole the kick starter? I cant believe it...i want my money back.

Notice the jb weld under the exhaust on the case? Wonder what that's all about

And then there's some on this side too.

Whats this plug for?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Just bought my self a 2008 with 1,000 miles on her. The bike feels so much better than my 89. It has that new car solid feeling to it..cant wait to try it offroad.

Looks like a custom made skidplate. Eat your heart out lizrdbrth...

That thing's so ugly your dawg hasn't even peed on it yet.

The plug is for the defibulator....

Nice score.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i figured since its an 08 im probably pushing 40horse power and plus the pipe so maybe im up to 65 rear wheel horsepower? Should be able to do 75-80 on the freeway

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info rich. Ill have to read up on it tonight. I thought the blinker relay was up front?? atleast it was on my 89. He didnt have the rear tail light or blinkers, but thats ok i have extras.

·
Registered
443 Posts
So he holed the case , what could that mean?

The VOODOO spark deal is cute, they sold simillar Gap devices in the 50,s but the cost $3 then

Some aircraft spark plugs have a screw on weather proof connector

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pulled and cleaned the carb. It helped a lot..theres a 125 main in there. She starts up perfect now, idle is a bit spotty and seems like it starves its self for fuel then recovers. Also the throttle tends to "stick" open, or just not rev down right away for a second while riding it. it feels like im not letting off the throttle when i shift. Any ideas? Ill read up more on the needle and pilot stuff and can tinker around.

can i use the jets from my 89 carb?

Not sure how much i like the gearing..but i can cruse comfortably at 40 in 5th gear..45-47 is about all she'll go at wot
Ill do some trail riding and see. I might drop it down to the 65 tooth sprocket.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Fountain Hills is about 1800 feet elevation, isn't it? I'm thinking your trails go higher, for the most part. I'm thinking a 128, 2 washers under the needle clip, and 2.5 turns out on the pilot screw is where I'd start on a stock engine.

You could use the jets for your older TW, but they would be way too lean.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep. This time of year i ride the deserts and probably wont be over 3,000 ft. There is the fmf exhaust on the bike so take that into consideration. I still need to pull everything in the carb apart and clean it. It seems to idle high still. Rode 50 miles around 2-3kft elevation and am happy with the power. Does backfire and pop on deceleration and still fighting with the high idle situation. Ill order a few jets and start reading up on them some more.

Heres the plug after the ride.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
2nd that. I'd say she's probably been down on the street. I've seen many guys use jb weld on side cases after a spill either to make it look better or covering up a small hole. The ol chain looks a bit Crusty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts