TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It says "Toyota" on the steering wheel, maybe I'll head to the local dealer tomorrow

·
Registered
134 Posts
The interior shot shows frame rails that intrude about a foot into the passenger compartment. The belly shot showed typical Russian welding skills. They make some interesting stuff, but nothing you'd want to live with.

If I wanted weird and foreign I'd get an ex-mil Unimog.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
The only thing I would want from Russia is one of the beautiful expatriated women. All I've met are independent, intelligent, and hard working.

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Actually for practical use in the southwest these would make an interesting donor for conversion into mobile TW base camp. Used to encounter them a lot, hope to still see one or two in Moab.
th-3.jpeg . th-4.jpeg . th-5.jpeg
Not too big to take into many back of beyond places. Other than pics posted by our own Unimog I have never come across the really big and thus expensive expedition RVs in the hard to get to destinations their buyers probably imagined themselves in. I want to be camping right next to that remote alpine lake, or tucked away in that shady glen next to the trout stream, hopefully not in campsite #137 whenever possible. This usually takes a nimble reasonably sized vehicle.
Actually this full size american pick-up based model would be limited at times in the sierras. Darn cute though..

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess why I like the Russian rigs is that they are built to be really used in extreme situations out of necessity. These guys are probably just using best road to the good mushroom picking:D.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I want a set of unimog axles for my tj.
Mopar makes portal axles for TJs, the cost of admission is pretty insane though! Somewhere north of $30K for the axles and all of the associated component upgrades required to run them.

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those portal axles are the bees knees, sized right for the Wrangler line. The improvement in ground clearance is tremendous. Too rich for my blood.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Dated a Russian woman for a while. Gorgeous! Reddish hair, hazel eyes, small breasted (Ok by me), great dupa and legs. M.A. in Economics. Came here and passed the C.P.A. exam second try. Most Americans take an average of four times. Earned a M.B.A.. Funny, intelligent tremendous mattress combat skills. I routinely surrendered.

·
Registered
19,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unimogs in all their variations are pretty impressive but this is the first backhoe/ loader combo I have seen. Thanks Ebbanflood for the great picture. If I had one I would just move more mundane things off the road...snow and mud.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts