TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mrs. Admiral and her dad conduct some airborne training for the next time, the Admiral pushes the SPOT Help/SOS Button

and by jumpers they mean ones with parachutes or connected to someone with a parachute. Not the jump off the building jumpers

Oh la la, where does this strap go?

Pops-in-laws landing

Mrs. Admiral's landing

Both landed successfully. I'm good to go to get lost from here on out.

The video

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bullet Bob's in Star?

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
It's called DZONE north of Star. Maybe it changed owners/names. The airstrip used to be an old drag strip and there is a go-cart track adjacent to this place.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I have 211 jumps, 206 free-fall.
All solo...not strapped to another jumper.
Skydiving...the most fun you can have with your clothes on!!

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have 211 jumps, 206 free-fall.
All solo...not strapped to another jumper.
Skydiving...the most fun you can have with your clothes on!!
I used to fly in huey's all the time. Loved it. Flying in a Censna type plane scares the crap out of me. I'd probably pass out on a jump. Weird, I'm scared of heights.

I'm not in favor of flying on an airliner neither. I guess if I die from traveling I'd rather die in a fiery car crash than a fiery plane crash. No logic to that is there? :p

·
Registered
604 Posts
Can you believe they used to throw us jarheads out of perfectly good aircraft all the time. How rude. 7 times myself. Was it something I said??
That grass looked awful soft too. Wont find any of that in Yuma or Twentynine Stumps.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
A huge congratulations go out to Mrs Admiral and your father in law! I have said many times that everyone should experience at least one parachute jump! After having jumped from about every configuration of aircraft and even a stationary bridge I can say it is awesome! Probably the single biggest thing I miss from my military days. Simply too expensive to do regularly as a civilian:(

Tom

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
All three of my daughters in Hawaii have jumped a few times. They bugged me on my last visit to jump but I never seemed to get around to it. ;)

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
If you actually go and make a jump next time Admiral... tie your camera to your leg.
Man, that looks like fun!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
now those are some real tail draggers...
super cool mrs admiral and pops!

i've got 4 jumps, two static line, two tethered, one of those from 19,000 ft.

little diamonds in the sky, those ice crystals stinging your face.

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
now those are some real tail draggers...
super cool mrs admiral and pops!

i've got 4 jumps, two static line, two tethered, one of those from 19,000 ft.

little diamonds in the sky, those ice crystals stinging your face.
Pops had 3 Army Jumps with the last one ending with a broken ankle and parachute training. He said they usually jumped around 1,200 ft. On this day they jumped from 13,500 ish. 30-35 second free fall before deploying the chute at around 6,000 ft. When the chutes opened, we could still barely see them. I could not see them before the chutes opened.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
HaHa. No... no specific angle.
I've been up in a couple canvass, wood and wire WWI planes this Summer and planning a motorcycle trip to a Glider airfield soon (up by you Gary L.).
A nice jump like you guys did would be next I guess?

My favorite scenes for a famous parachute training school:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
That was Donald Sutherland's big break. A better known actor refused to do that scene in the movie; saying it made him look stupid (or something to that effect). The director turned to Sutherland and said something like "hey you; you are gonna do this scene" - and the rest is history.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts