1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
463 Posts
Brutal to watch although it looks as if the biker was not seriously hurt. There are so many nut jobs out there confrontation may not always be the best move and although I do not the back story it is obvious the bikers anger then enraged the driver. As a kid I was told by my peers to always walk away from confrontation, not always easy to do but how many have suffered the consequences from not doing just that? Now that being said I have myself been a part of road rage in my younger days but it was always car to car.....not car to bike because it is obvious who has the upper hand in that battle. I do hope the driver of the car is severely punished for such reckless behavior.

·
Registered
13,637 Posts
Ban cars. These cars are dangerous when used as weapons. It's not the drivers fault, it's the cars fault. Sue the car manufacturer.

I'm glad the motorcycle driver didn't appear to be hurt real bad but I don't have a ton of sympathy for him either. As Miaugi mentions, avoidance may well have be the best way out...for both driver & rider.

·
Super Moderator
5,131 Posts
“Hendrickson (the biker) has an extensive history of traffic violations that include speeding, careless driving, leaving the scene of an accident without giving information, operating a motorcycle between lanes, failure to stop at a red light, following too closely, and other violations dating back over 10 years.
His criminal charges involved theft in 2008 and 2011 and he was charged with burglary with assault in 2003. His recent brushes with law enforcement were for traffic-related incidents.”
Video: Car hits Sarasota biker after confrontation - News - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - Sarasota, FL

Some more “attitude” here - Sarasota biker considers himself lucky to be alive after scary

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
That biker is the kind of idiot who gives motorcyclists a bad name. That last video shows his poor thinking and reasoning. He provoked his own trouble.

·
Registered
587 Posts
“Hendrickson (the biker) has an extensive history of traffic violations that include speeding, careless driving, leaving the scene of an accident without giving information, operating a motorcycle between lanes, failure to stop at a red light, following too closely, and other violations dating back over 10 years.
His criminal charges involved theft in 2008 and 2011 and he was charged with burglary with assault in 2003. His recent brushes with law enforcement were for traffic-related incidents.”
Video: Car hits Sarasota biker after confrontation - News - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - Sarasota, FL

Some more “attitude” here - Sarasota biker considers himself lucky to be alive after scary
Yep, this biker is a complete trash and while I don't want to see bikers get hit. This pos had it coming. Trash meets trash. This was on our local news days ago and people will of course if they are a biker support him. NOT, he has a rap sheet prolly as long as the illegal. Lucky he didn't get shot. Banging on someones car down here will... get you shot. Castle law :), your car falls under it. But like others have said, just walk away, I've had more then my fair share of idiots, just count your blessings, bite your tongue.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yep, this biker is a complete trash and while I don't want to see bikers get hit. This pos had it coming. Trash meets trash. This was on our local news days ago and people will of course if they are a biker support him. NOT, he has a rap sheet prolly as long as the illegal. Lucky he didn't get shot. Banging on someones car down here will... get you shot. Castle law :), your car falls under it. But like others have said, just walk away, I've had more then my fair share of idiots, just count your blessings, bite your tongue.
The "illegal"? I ask again, how do you know the driver of the car is an illegal alien? Everything I have read or heard says they do not have a positive identity on the driver. Has there been some news I am not aware of? Did they catch him?

·
Super Moderator
5,131 Posts
I just did a little research to get some idea of both sides of the story - not condoning the car driver of course, but yes, seems he met his match

The worst outcome is that he still doesn't seem to have learnt anything at all from this ....

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I don't care how the unsavory a character the rider is or how aggressive he rides the driver of the car needs to be charged period. We don't know the circumstances before the video but i'm guessing the car did something to make him mad. Yes the rider should have just let it go and rode away but he didn't. That in no way gives the driver of the car the right to go vigilante and try to take the guy out. I min no way excusing the rider but the person in the car took it way over the line. If the car driver didn't like the way he was riding they should have got his plate number and let the cops deal with it. Instead they are just as responsible for escalating it as the rider was and then they decided to use their car as a weapon. They need to be charged and punished period.

This stuff happens all the time some people in cars are simply intolerent of bikes and can take it to a level that it should never get too. I have seen quite a few videos of this type of thing. A few that come to mind, one not taped.

The guy from Texas that swerved and hit a bike that was passing him because he didn't like bikes. From what i remember it was not his first encounter of this type. The passenger on the bike was hurt and he showed zero remorse. IIRC he is doing jail time for this incident.

Another one from Florida i think where the guy on the bike rode maybe 5' in the breakdown lane to get to the right turn lane and a driver went ballistic. Took it upon himself to play cop and assaulted the rider and promptly got subdued by the rider( who showed great restraint).

Then the most recent one in Seattle that im sure we all read about where the woman rider shot a driver of a car that assaulted her. From what i read on ADV the guy got all heated because she was not moving forward in stop and go traffic fast enough for him. I guess it was gridlock and she was putting it in neutral to wait for traffic and every time it moved she would have to put it in gear and go and he didn't like that there was a delay. I dont know the details as to why but she pulled over to let him by and he got out of the car and assaulted her, cost him his life.

I have also had a similar incident myself where i was doing nothing wrong and it ended in a road rage incident. The GF and i were riding our TW's on some back roads, minding our own business and just plodding along a the speed limit. Then along comes MR Porche SUV and he does not like the pace we are riding at. He is behind me honking his horn, revving his engine and getting too close for comfort for me. We pull to the shoulder and i wave him by but he does not want to do that. Instead he decided to nudge my rear tire while blazing his horn. At the next road we turn off to get away from this guy and he decided to follow us, he lays back and then roars up on me at full throttle and brakes at the last second to not hit me. At this point i pulled over and stopped, i hoped he would just go on by. To this point i had done nothing wrong and i tried to be courteous and let him go by me so he could do his own thing. That was not good enough for him, for reasons unknown he was all hot under the collar and simply wanted a psychical confrontation. He comes out of his car dropping F bombs, saying how dare we be in "his way" on the road, we are going too slow, etc, etc. Just an entitled douchenozzle of the highest order. The confrontation ended quickly when i informed him that if he touched me he was authorizing me to use lethal force against him. Those were the only words i spoke to him, he was 100% the aggressor in this situation. Thankfully he got the message loud and clear and stopped before it escalated to that point. Yes i was fully prepared to do what i had to do to defend myself. The best part is he was with his family and was acting like this, i cant imagine how much of an a-hole this guy is on a day to day basis to everyone he comes in contact with. In the end he left and we got his plate number and called the cops. They went and spoke to the driver and the cop i spoke to was not happy that he nudged my bike, saw the tire scuff on his bumper that proved it and totally agreed that he was the aggressor (his wife actually corroborated my side of the story) and also agreed that if he assaulted me that i should have shot him, i had every right to. Unfortunately they did not cite him but they probably should have. Now we were on the TW's with no chance to get away. His vehicle is was quicker and faster so running was not an option, like i said i tried to be nice and let him go but he wanted none of it. Had i been on my Ducati it never would have gotten to the point it did for two reasons. Thing #1 is i never would have been poking along at the speed limit and #2 if i did have a guy behind me that was too close for comfort a flick of the wrist and i'm gone, he would have had no chance of catching me.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Years ago I was on my GPZ-750 just cruising in the slow lane when a guy in a caddy pulls along side, starts screaming and flipping me the bird. Being puzzled as I had done nothing wrong I gave him the " Whats Wrong" sign.
Next thing I know he's swerving into my lane and trying to run me into the ditch! After several swerves he then tried to brake check me. Thank God I was able to get bye and went W.F.O. The only two good things about it was,
number one I lived to tell the tale and number two I found out just how fast that Kawasaki could go.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I don't care how the unsavory a character the rider is or how aggressive he rides the driver of the car needs to be charged period. We don't know the circumstances before the video but i'm guessing the car did something to make him mad. Yes the rider should have just let it go and rode away but he didn't. That in no way gives the driver of the car the right to go vigilante and try to take the guy out. I min no way excusing the rider but the person in the car took it way over the line. If the car driver didn't like the way he was riding they should have got his plate number and let the cops deal with it. Instead they are just as responsible for escalating it as the rider was and then they decided to use their car as a weapon. They need to be charged and punished period.

This stuff happens all the time some people in cars are simply intolerent of bikes and can take it to a level that it should never get too. I have seen quite a few videos of this type of thing. A few that come to mind, one not taped.

The guy from Texas that swerved and hit a bike that was passing him because he didn't like bikes. From what i remember it was not his first encounter of this type. The passenger on the bike was hurt and he showed zero remorse. IIRC he is doing jail time for this incident.

Another one from Florida i think where the guy on the bike rode maybe 5' in the breakdown lane to get to the right turn lane and a driver went ballistic. Took it upon himself to play cop and assaulted the rider and promptly got subdued by the rider( who showed great restraint).

Then the most recent one in Seattle that im sure we all read about where the woman rider shot a driver of a car that assaulted her. From what i read on ADV the guy got all heated because she was not moving forward in stop and go traffic fast enough for him. I guess it was gridlock and she was putting it in neutral to wait for traffic and every time it moved she would have to put it in gear and go and he didn't like that there was a delay. I dont know the details as to why but she pulled over to let him by and he got out of the car and assaulted her, cost him his life.

I have also had a similar incident myself where i was doing nothing wrong and it ended in a road rage incident. The GF and i were riding our TW's on some back roads, minding our own business and just plodding along a the speed limit. Then along comes MR Porche SUV and he does not like the pace we are riding at. He is behind me honking his horn, revving his engine and getting too close for comfort for me. We pull to the shoulder and i wave him by but he does not want to do that. Instead he decided to nudge my rear tire while blazing his horn. At the next road we turn off to get away from this guy and he decided to follow us, he lays back and then roars up on me at full throttle and brakes at the last second to not hit me. At this point i pulled over and stopped, i hoped he would just go on by. To this point i had done nothing wrong and i tried to be courteous and let him go by me so he could do his own thing. That was not good enough for him, for reasons unknown he was all hot under the collar and simply wanted a psychical confrontation. He comes out of his car dropping F bombs, saying how dare we be in "his way" on the road, we are going too slow, etc, etc. Just an entitled douchenozzle of the highest order. The confrontation ended quickly when i informed him that if he touched me he was authorizing me to use lethal force against him. Those were the only words i spoke to him, he was 100% the aggressor in this situation. Thankfully he got the message loud and clear and stopped before it escalated to that point. Yes i was fully prepared to do what i had to do to defend myself. The best part is he was with his family and was acting like this, i cant imagine how much of an a-hole this guy is on a day to day basis to everyone he comes in contact with. In the end he left and we got his plate number and called the cops. They went and spoke to the driver and the cop i spoke to was not happy that he nudged my bike, saw the tire scuff on his bumper that proved it and totally agreed that he was the aggressor (his wife actually corroborated my side of the story) and also agreed that if he assaulted me that i should have shot him, i had every right to. Unfortunately they did not cite him but they probably should have. Now we were on the TW's with no chance to get away. His vehicle is was quicker and faster so running was not an option, like i said i tried to be nice and let him go but he wanted none of it. Had i been on my Ducati it never would have gotten to the point it did for two reasons. Thing #1 is i never would have been poking along at the speed limit and #2 if i did have a guy behind me that was too close for comfort a flick of the wrist and i'm gone, he would have had no chance of catching me.
I'm glad you got away safely. Too bad you didn't take them off road and squeeze between two trees and finish off his fancy car.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Had another encounter that ended up much more funny. I was riding in heavy traffic in the right lane when a car full of ladies decided they want to be where I was. As they came over I was yelling at them to look out. They in turn looked back and started laughing! Guess they thought it was great fun to scare a motorcyclist. Now understand I had no place to go. No shoulder and cars to the front and rear. After almost pushing me off the road and into a lamp post they decided they had had enough fun and returned to their lane laughing their heads off. By this time traffic had started to thin out so being a nice guy I counter weighted the bike and put a size 11 boot into their front fender. The driver screamer and nailed the brakes causing the car behind to slam into her! I just waved and took off.

·
Super Moderator
5,131 Posts
I guess we’re all guilty of it to some extent – push bikes in London are the worst

Wanted to turn left once in the car (we drive on the left), indicated, looked, saw the push bike coming up on the inside, stopped to let him through – at which point the abuse started (I shan’t even try to repeat it here) – he probably just “assumed” I would take the turn anyway, and spend far too much energy burning off the excess adrenalin – (I just shrugged, but still remember it)

Anyone who watches “Top Gear” will see Hammond doing the same thing whenever he’s on a push bike

Extrapolate the same risk factor to a motor cyclist, and the same thing happens, though not often so “verbally abusive” – on two wheels, it becomes personal, even if no contact has been made

Sure, with the benefit of hindsight, I’ve been in situations I could have handled better (or worse) – but the sheer arrogance of this particular guy is something else – just because you feel like “King of the road” doesn’t make you one – and that goes for motorcyclists as well as car drivers

They kept on pushing each other – the car won – no surprises there

In this particular case - homicidal maniac meets arrogant fool ……

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Years ago I was on my GPZ-750 just cruising in the slow lane when a guy in a caddy pulls along side, starts screaming and flipping me the bird. Being puzzled as I had done nothing wrong I gave him the " Whats Wrong" sign.
Next thing I know he's swerving into my lane and trying to run me into the ditch! After several swerves he then tried to brake check me. Thank God I was able to get bye and went W.F.O. The only two good things about it was,
number one I lived to tell the tale and number two I found out just how fast that Kawasaki could go.
I had a similar one on my Ducati where i had been just going with the flow of traffic on the freeway in the middle lane minding my own business, not riding aggressively or tailgating or anything, just going with the flow... I had been doing that for ~70 miles when this guy in a corolla comes from my right beeping, flipping me the bird etc and then aggressively swerves into my lane sending me into the fast lane, over the rumble strip and onto the left side median. He would have pushed me right into the grass had i not yanked on the throttle hard while this was happening and got out of there. I still have no idea what that guys problem was.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts