TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not for the TW. I know, how DARE I, lol. Anyway, wondering if anyone has used this tire? How is the traction on street/dirt/rock/mud/wet? Durability? etc? It just so happens that they make it in a 110/80/18, which is the same size as what I have on my DR200 now. I like my current tire a lot but might look into this as an alternative option in the future. Any input would be appreciated.

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=135&Cookie=nextag_moto&details=Ordern&typ=MOTO-D-M69018&ranzahl=4&nichtweiter=1

http://ssl.delti.com/tyre-pictures/Sava/MC23.jpg Another link just in case the first one...goes bad, again.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh what the hell. I was sure it was good. Sorry, and thanks. It works for me now. But I could SWEAR it worked before for me (even though it didn't when I tried it a couple minutes ago...).

It looks like it could make an awesome dual sport tire.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah your link wasn't working yesterday... works now though. I have a DR350 thats gonna need a new rear tire soon. If you get this one I look forward to hearing how it works out.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah your link wasn't working yesterday... works now though. I have a DR350 thats gonna need a new rear tire soon. If you get this one I look forward to hearing how it works out.

Well I got another Pirelli tire a couple hundred miles ago. So that's definitely going to be used up first lol. But I'll be keeping this tire in mind and may end up getting one in a few thousand miles, especially if it's still available for only $40 at that time! I would suggest considering this tire and/or the rear tire I have on my DR now (MT21 Rallycross) as your next tire. I've been really quite happy with the Pirelli's so far. I'm on my third one now. They hook up really well in medium, hard pack, and rocks, and work decently in soft, loose stuff too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
How does that pirelli do on the street? I use the DR for some "relatively" long distances (200 miles round trip to go to the other side of the island) and can't give up too much street performance.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How does that pirelli do on the street? I use the DR for some "relatively" long distances (200 miles round trip to go to the other side of the island) and can't give up too much street performance.
The performance of the Pirelli on the street is quite good, for a knobby dual sport tire. It might get a little iffy if you start cranking the bike WAY over like a supermoto or supersport bike, but otherwise it sticks well enough. And to be fair, any knobby tire will get a bit sketchy if you ride it at 90 percent plus. It does seem to wear out fairly quickly though. They've lasted me about three thousand miles with something like 65 percent street use/35 aggressive off road. Anyway yea as far as the grip on the road, you won't have any problems with straight line stability or braking or anything like that. Braking performance on pavement is actually quite good with that tire, in fact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts