TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my friends,

the new offroad season has started.
And here's a new video from this year's first race.

It was nearly perfect riding weather, not too cold, not too warm and one week before, just a bit rain.

This race was the perfect start into the new season.
It was not hard, it was very hard!!!!!!!
One lap was round about 10 km (~6,25 miles) long and I needed circa 40 minutes for it.

Here's a overview:

1_gross.jpg

And here's the video:

For my page I've made a gallery:
Sächsischer Offroad Cup SOC 2016 - 1. Rennen Meltewitz 1. Lauf

Have fun.
Sebastian

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An other short information, on the first heat started:
57 riders - class 4 - Sport B
80 riders - class 5 - beginner
39 riders - class 6 - senior
-------------
176 riders in total

·
Registered
20,478 Posts
After seeing your practice video from the other week I was also curious how well you did on last Tuesday's event. Tuesday was the day,right?

I liked all the race pictures too. If that is your son he looks proud of his papa after the race.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Love it! Nice riding and camera did great as well. Thanks for sharing.

Tom

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Thanks Mac its interesting to see how others enjoy Motorsports. Didn't look much like a race but it did look fun.

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
:hello2:. Watching the video makes me wish I was younger. Good luck in your future races!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Good Job Sebastian. You always make us proud my brother. :D

·
Registered
13,790 Posts
There was a senior division !
I saw that but...

my knee's
my back
my muscles...all of them

^^this is what makes me wish I was younger to ride in the race!:p

I was gonna say at least I have the experience and knowledge now to be a smarter rider, but I'm reminded (when I can remember) that my brain is getting old too!:D

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
I was gonna say at least I have the experience and knowledge now to be a smarter rider, but I'm reminded (when I can remember) that my brain is getting old too!:D
You aren't forgetting the right things! Forget wisdom, common sense, self preservation. Just think "this will be fun no matter how much it hurts!" I'll go with you. We can get littletommy, TWilight, Fred, joemama, Big D, Mr. Gizmo, and anyone else that qualifies. We'll kick a$$ !!!!!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
:eek: You guys are too much!! Especially that "TWilight Dude"... ;)

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello my friends,

I am sorry for the late reply. The last week was full of work.
And tomorrow I'll start on the next race of the SOC.
Last year there was a race at the same location, here's the thread from 2015:
http://tw200forum.com/forum/trails-off-road-adventure-riding/15942-saxon-offroad-cup-3h-race-5-7-05-july-2015-a.html

And yes, it will be again with a deep water hole, but this year it's much more colder (between 1-5 °C / 33.8-41.0 °F) and wet.

After seeing your practice video from the other week I was also curious how well you did on last Tuesday's event. Tuesday was the day,right?

I liked all the race pictures too. If that is your son he looks proud of his papa after the race.
The practice was on Tuesday and the race on Sunday.
I don't have a child, single since too many years.
It's the son of my best girl friend. He asked me whether I've won a trophy.

Do you get any extra points for bumping the guy in front of you...off the track ?
Which Class were you in ?

So, you averaged a little over 9 mph...that must have been frustrating as hell.

It was fun to watch YOU....but next time put 3" ice spikes on the tips of your riding boots, and....give the "other" riders...The Boot :p

(note to lrppcer (Wa. Larry)....and...Fred....and White Mule (Thal).... lets all put togeter a USA Misfits racing team, ship our four bikes to Germany,
and race this miniature circuit next year) :D
Too sad, not extra points for bumping.
I was in the big class -> 5
The average speed wasn't a problem. And this was the first time for me on this track.
Spikes would be a good idea, but the problem is, that the spikes would perforate my boot bag.
"USA Misfits racing team" you're all welcome

There was a senior division !
Senior is everyone over 35 years.
-->> Soon I'll be senior too ;)

I saw that but...

my knee's
my back
my muscles...all of them

^^this is what makes me wish I was younger to ride in the race!:p

You'll never too old for racing.
Last August I was on a veterans meet (MX riders) and they were between 50 and 70 years old.
I've rode with the riders a practice session and two heats.
These guys were old, but some of them were really fast.

You aren't forgetting the right things! Forget wisdom, common sense, self preservation. Just think "this will be fun no matter how much it hurts!" I'll go with you. We can get littletommy, TWilight, Fred, joemama, Big D, Mr. Gizmo, and anyone else that qualifies. We'll kick a$$ !!!!!
Some more riders and well get our own class :D

Lets bring the race to Spokane.
I'll will come to you, but someone has to pay for my flight incl. luggage (my bike).
This could be the start for my "US tour".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts