TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in April I think we took a little trip up to this canyon. It wasn't on the tw, so if the moderators want to delete it that's fine.
But I thought some people might enjoy seeing the nice rock formations.

Attachments

270 Posts
Back in April I think we took a little trip up to this canyon. It wasn't on the tw, so if the moderators want to delete it that's fine.
But I thought some people might enjoy seeing the nice rock formations.
Wow! They almost look like giant anthill castings. Total movie material.

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Great stuff BadLuck. They don't censor artistic photos here just because they lack a TW in them. If it was a problem someone here could PhotoShop you bike in there somewhere.:)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a bunch more pics of the canyon, but I just figured out how to get them from my android phone to the mac computer.
Or else I would have posted them back in April.
I'll try to post a few more with my wife in them for scale.
One thing that Utah is good at, is erosion.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Those rock formations look like the bad scenery/no $$$ budget from "The Outer Limits" or "Lost In Space".
I mean the originals from the 1960's.

Very cool.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Fascinating erosion! We have some interesting sandstone erosion features along the shoreline near Nanaimo and the Gulf Islands, but nothing quite as gnarly as what you found. Thanks for posting them!

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
If undefined pronoun "this" in post #11 refers to the Picture in post #10 then it was taken about 70% of the way through the Hell's Revenge trail in the Sand Flat riding area.

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Well he should have said so. Common english usage has undefined pronouns modifying last applicable noun or identified subject which would have been post #10 in this case. I too guessed he likely was referring to post #1 but why should we ever have to guess what people mean when they use some more of our rich english language to make themselves understood? If we don't point out errors they tend to get promulgated. A properly formulated question has a better chance of yielding an accurate response.
Use of a few more words to define "this" would have resulted in a useful answer by now.
Don't forget that what may be clear in one's mind is not clear in one's audience's minds unless accurate communication is attempted. We tend to be poor mind readers otherwise.
Not meaning to beat up on American jackal per se, the message is for all of us to think how the audience will percieve our words before we hit the POST button. Too often many posts leave me wondering just what the author meant.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I try to use the "reply with quote" to differentiate if there are multiple options I could be thought to be referencing.
And my run-together sentence above had nothing to do with anything posted. I just realized I missed a "space" between words and was going back to fix it, when I had the dirty, low down, sneaky, idea to make it all run together to be a puzzle/brain teaser. I actually thought "hey this might be unique and fun to do with all my posts!!!!!!

You'll notice between the words "see" and "the" there is a space. I didn't put that there and it won't let me remove it. Might be referencing the space between my ears.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is called Fantasy Canyon, it's south of Vernal, Utah. There is lots of oil drilling going on in the area, so apart from the canyon itself it's not too attractive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts