TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I figured I'd help contribute since i've been helped so much by useful info in forums.

I've been going through my recently acquired 2007 TW200 and have had to deal with some fairly major repairs.
I ran into some tough spots along the way and was fairly surprised by the lack of technical info and pics on the forums and Youtube.
So I'll try to post quality photos and videos in this thread for others to reference.

This is MY THREAD, lol. Please be don't hijack it with a bunch of crappy pictures, but also feel free to post a quality pic or 2 if you've done something that others can use.

Summary of what I've done:
  • replaced front and rear tires with my own homemade tire push down jig and tire irons (sorry no pics)
  • rebuilt brake master cylinder since it wasn't generating pressure and would not prime the braking system. I ended up having to take it apart, take plunger/piston out by removing the snap ring (SR pliers required). I then blew compressed air through the tiny orifices at the bottom. I had to reassemble it and prime the system by doing the bleed system with the bleeder screw about 50 turns of pumping the handle, hold down, bleed screw, and repeat.
Also, to get the electrical connector off the brake master cylinder, you have to push inside the hole to depress the release tab, then it will pull out.
  • rebuilt the carb. mine ended up needing 3 turns out on the screw for it to run right in Charlotte NC at 70 degrees.
  • replace clutch - only snag I hit was not adjusting it properly using the flat head screw threads in the center of the clutch. if you have an issue with your clutch not engaging well or dragging too much, you may be able to adjust this screw - it was very helpful for setting where the clutch grabs in the lever. I would be nice if someone could post something about how to really adjust it properly.
  • replaced shift shaft - the one that goes inside the transmission. It was totally stripped out from the previous owner. This part was scary to go after but it ended up being pretty straightforward job. Pics and videos below for anyone who needs this info.
Putting the shaft in, then realized I need to do what is explained in the second video:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is my video of the fork rebuild and seals on the TW200. Thanks to all who are contributing to the knowledge base.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
A few pics of the inside parts and the retainer clip for the dust seal. The seals are easy to remove once this clip is removed using a pick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ROUND HEADLIGHT MOD THREAD:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took my time and worked a few hours on 2 different days. I also had to learn some of the hard lessons along the way, which slowed me down.
With my video and proper prep (getting parts), it should take about 4 hours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts