TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My work collogue, who owns a TW just got a new toy and rode it to work. Pictured next to my TW....

Ducati Scramble desert edition. Looks fun, but I'll stick with my mule.

testm.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was just reading about the Scrambler Icon for use as a commuter and maybe occasional dirt roads but not trail riding. I like the retro look but not so sure about the maintenance costs on these Ducati engines

Sent from the demons in my head

·
Super Moderator
19,732 Posts
I was just reading about the Scrambler Icon for use as a commuter and maybe occasional dirt roads but not trail riding. I like the retro look but not so sure about the maintenance costs on these Ducati engines

Hey DP, Those are pretty sweet bikes I think. Ducati engines are great. You'll pay the standard hourly rate maybe a bit more. 120-150 a hour. Shops will charge you 100 to work on your TW. Don't be afraid of getting one. And most likely you are getting a somewhat tuned down engine. They are quite the powerhouses if used to their potential.

Answered by the demons in my head....

Reactions: DPLarson

·
Registered
863 Posts

Like the retro look? Want it reliable? Want a good commuter and dirt road bike that is not made to burn up the MX track? Want 75 mpg?

Get a VanVan. I can't park outside of a Sizzler Steak house without one or two old men coming over to admire my bike. They always want to know if I was the one who restored it. Heck I had one old half-blind frat talk about the one he bought new in 1969.

It will go anywhere off road that this 67 year old street rider will go and it has a seat that would do an Iron Butt... If it were a wee bit faster.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Those are nice bikes. My former employer had a new car / motorcycle / boat purchase program, which basically gets you a car or M/C at dealer cost + a $300 paperwork fee. I started the paperwork process to get that exact bike, but the Covid pandemic caused me to re-prioritize things. The main turn off is the timing belt change interval.

I decided to go with a similar look on my XL project with the gold rims.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts