TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone noticed the price of Seafoam going way up?? At my local Advance Auto parts, its up to about $11 can. I dropped into wally world and got 2 cans for about the same price. I think the word is spreading about this product, or the parts stores are just raising prices. They also wanted $15 for my lawn tractor oil filter, which is way more than any car filter. I got the factory filter thru Amazon for $8.25

·
Registered
343 Posts
Next retailers will be complaining that people aren't supporting their local stores and are buying everything online. Hmm...I wonder why.....
I wish I was SMRT enough to tell the smaller stores how to be able to sell things at a competitive price but unfortunately I'm just a consumer who's not okay with paying double just because.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Under $7 at WallyWorld in California today.
Same here.....~ $7. USD at the local Walmat.

I have occasionally used Berryman at half the price.

jb

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
816 Posts
i have a local small auto parts store that sells it for 7 bucks a bottle. been that way for a long time. wally world can kiss my grits! I could go into details, but they cant make stuff cheap enough to justify being a shit company.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Advanced prices at retail have seemed to be going through the roof. I can get Sea Foam 2 for $7 on sales sometimes at WalMart or Meijer here in MI. I assume Advanced and similar auto parts stores are focused on wholesale to repair shops and get what they can on the walk in business at retail.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
$6-8 at most places.
$5 on sale.
Shop around, prices vary a lot and it's often on sale.
I use Sea Foam and StaBil interchangeably. They work equally well and it doubles my chances of finding it on sale.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
"has anyone noticed the price of Seafoam going way up?? At my local Advance Auto parts, its up to about $11 can."

Sounds like you might be getting the good Canadian stuff cause thats what it cost up here on a good day.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Berryman's is only $2.89-2.99 a can and works very well, better than Seafoam. Add 1 oz/gal of fuel every 3 or 4 tankfuls and you'll never get a clogged up, gummed up, carb. I have been using it for years in my mowers. bikes. golfcart, boats, and many of these may sit for months without use, and they start up and run perfectly.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Upon the advice of several blasphemers who have already posted on this thread, I purchased Berrymans for $3.49 compared to Seafoam in the same store for $10.99. Hmmmmm.... I'll try it and see. I wish I had something running crappy to pour it into and see immediate results like I often do with Seafoam.

Reactions: jbfla

·
Registered
323 Posts
Recent purchase of two cans last week at AutoZone, on sale. About $11 for two. Usually $10 each.

Reactions: jbfla
1 - 16 of 16 Posts