TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my TW the seat has a quick attachment on it you just remove the cotter pin and it comes off. where can it find the kit. my son is looking for some for his bike. thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
If your bike is used it's probably a "Home Made" attachment from previous owner. If your bike is a new one its a OEM part which should be available from Yamaha. I'm guessing the "Home Made" version.

·
Registered
636 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Any revelations out there on how we can make a locking system for our seats that allow us to take them off with just a key?

I want some ideas because if I do it I'll make a kit to sell.

I want to mold up a seat pan that fits under our seats in the space above our rear tire and shallow enough that it does not get
hit when riding and the bike compresses but allows for easy to access seat storage.

Ideas?

Please send them to me.

[email protected]
ShapeMaster Inc. Plastic Thermoforming | Drape Forming | Vacuum Forming 800-779-6925

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Hey Ken, how about incorporating the helmet lock somehow? Even if it were using a simple cable to keep the seat from being lifted or falling off. I think I'm going to have to make something myself now... use some Velcro to keep it from sliding around as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts