TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to try a Seat Concepts pad & cover kit but I noticed they offer 4 different types of cover options. I've never seen "carbon" and was wondering what it looks like as well as the "gripper" or "embossed" top. Any pictures / opinions would be welcomed :)

I found one pic but not sure what option this is ?

1.jpg

Cover Options;
Embossed Top with Vinyl sides
Gripper top - carbon sides
All Carbon
Plain vinyl

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
10683130_10203681314305462_1494220314_o.jpg This is mine and I like it better then my Sargent on my DR650.

·
Registered
667 Posts
thanks for all the info, I'm considering one of these as well, probably not 'til the off season though. Curious how they hold up over time/miles?

·
Registered
583 Posts
The Seat Concepts is probably one of the best accessoriesI have added to my TW and DR650. The oem seats are torture devices. The dip on the front of the seat is definitely filled in and higher than stock and a great improvement. I found I was constantly sliding up into the tank and both my azz and "nads" were unhappy.
I have the Carbon/Gripper on the TW and it works fine on the little bike. But like TWilight said it grips really well.
I have the all Carbon on the DR because I ride it faster and need to move around more plus I need to slide ahead when stopping to get my feet to the ground.
No matter what cover you go with the seat will be a vast improvement over the stock OEM seat.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yeah I got the Mad Dog ATV gel seat cover and it's OK but kind of like throwing a thimble of water on a bonfire really.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I had to go look at mine. Mine appears to be carbon all over. It looks nice. It grips well and looks awesome.

Edit: Remembered I took this photo about an hour ago.. it was actually of my cat, but it does the job. You can also see the Bill Mayer seat on my DR650 and the Corbin on my V-Strom. Makes for a nice comparison.

2015-05-23 16.52.11 copy.jpg

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I had to go look at mine. Mine appears to be carbon all over. It looks nice. It grips well and looks awesome.

Edit: Remembered I took this photo about an hour ago.. it was actually of my cat, but it does the job. You can also see the Bill Mayer seat on my DR650 and the Corbin on my V-Strom. Makes for a nice comparison.

View attachment 17746
Rob please join us in Moab in 2016. Paul

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Paul:

Hopefully I can! :)

Tuber:

You can send it to them if you want; they'll install it for you. You can do it yourself if you're patient, and have access to an air-powered staple gun. A regular staple gun will NOT cut it (I tried). I'll admit the job is fairly slow and frustrating but if you stay patient and resist the urge to throw it across the room, you can do it. :)

The height is pretty much stock as far as I know. Width will be wider because, well, that's the point. Stock seats are too narrow which put pressure on your sciatic nerves in your butt and that's what causes a lot of the discomfort.

Rob

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for all the great pics and info everybody!!!

Stupid question of the day re "Carbon"

what is "Carbon" ?

a type of material ie kevlar / carbon fiber?

a type or brand name of some fabric?

a funny name for a color or texture color like mauve or toupe?

a nickname for a style or pattern of vinyl?

Martian hide ?

Moab pancakes that were overcooked but still make a great seat cover :)

all of the above?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
I've listened to the Rick vs. Rocky Mayer stories for years. I can't remember which is which. The one at BMS has a more off the shelf approach and the other is more a custom seat. I've heard good and bad about both of them. But they each have a loyal following.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
The BMS seat on my DR650 was on it when I bought it. I absolutely LOVE that seat. It's the most comfortable seat I've ever used on a motorcycle.

The Corbin on my V-Strom is probably the next most comfortable. I got that one because it was in stock with no waiting; otherwise I would have ordered a BMS seat for it.

When I had my KLX250S, I lived in LA, and did a ride-in appointment to the BMS shop in Ojai and had a seat made for it. It was nice, but not nearly as good as the one on my DR650. If I had it to do again, I would do the Seat Concepts. Which, actually, I did... on the TW. :)

Oh and I had tried a Sargent on my DR, since I could get it in a lower version than the BMS seat... but it was terrible. I decided to keep the BMS seat and deal with the height.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
The BMS seat on my DR650 was on it when I bought it. I absolutely LOVE that seat. It's the most comfortable seat I've ever used on a motorcycle.....
Thanks RobG.

I'm on the fourth seat for my DR650....stock, gel, Sargent, and a small shop custom. My butt is still not happy.

May need to try a BMS seat......or a Seat Concepts?

jb

1 - 18 of 18 Posts