TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2021 TW200
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Which is more similar to our stock TDub seats?
2. Which one did you decide to purchase and do you like it? ( not the seat, the top and its grippiness )

I'm looking for closest to stock. I saw in the older Seat Concepts thread a lot of people went grippy top or standard. Not sure if the " low slip " one existed then or if that's the standard that was.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I’ve got the all carbon fiber tall
Came on the bike so I can’t really compare it to any of the others. I like it a lot.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
1. Which is more similar to our stock TDub seats?
2. Which one did you decide to purchase and do you like it? ( not the seat, the top and its grippiness )

I'm looking for closest to stock. I saw in the older Seat Concepts thread a lot of people went grippy top or standard. Not sure if the " low slip " one existed then or if that's the standard that was.
Mine was just the standard seat concepts (not tall) seat. I can snap a picture for you if you like?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got the tall one with grippy sides... then dumped one of those coleman seat covers over it because my butt felt that it wasnt cushy enough. its still much more comfy than the stock seat, and im tall enough that if i need to grip the bike i can just squeeze the tank with my knees.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Gripper top makes it much easier to ride. And I agree with 808. What they recommend is still too stiff. When I take the engine down I'll be sending the seat back to get replaced with softer foam. I asked for -1 but they were not to into it and made me a -.05 softness instead saying it needed to break in but if after break in i still felt it needed softer they'd replace it. That was 8 months ago, i don't think it's getting any softer... It was still worth every penny over the stock though. You won't realize how much you hated the factory seat until you have the seat concept one.

Reactions: Skuby and reddave

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I have to also recommend the gripper top, as it is especially noticeable when wearing Gore-Tex pants!

Reactions: MaddMaverick

·
Registered
496 Posts
I got the gripper top. It was little too grippy so I just hit it lightly with a sanding block and now its fine for me.

·
Super Moderator
14,611 Posts
I have one with the grippy top. The grip may work too well. When I slide back my pant stick to the seat which then exposes "the plumbers crack". Unsightly I say.
I have another one with the slippy top. When I go downhill I slide forward which grinds the family stones on the gas tank. Can't win for losing. Choose wisely.

·
Registered
2021 TW200
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gripper top makes it much easier to ride. And I agree with 808. What they recommend is still too stiff. When I take the engine down I'll be sending the seat back to get replaced with softer foam. I asked for -1 but they were not to into it and made me a -.05 softness instead saying it needed to break in but if after break in i still felt it needed softer they'd replace it. That was 8 months ago, i don't think it's getting any softer... It was still worth every penny over the stock though. You won't realize how much you hated the factory seat until you have the seat concept one.
I don't see any softness levels offered. I'd prefer softer than tailbone bruising...

I'm 98% on-road with the bike, so mostly in denim.

·
Registered
2021 TW200
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have one with the grippy top. The grip may work too well. When I slide back my pant stick to the seat which then exposes "the plumbers crack". Unsightly I say.
I have another one with the slippy top. When I go downhill I slide forward which grinds the family stones on the gas tank. Can't win for losing. Choose wisely.
Exactly what I'm worried about being mostly in jeans. Lol

Does anyone have the "low-slip"? I really like the grip on the stock seat.

·
Registered
423 Posts
They will call you after you order and get your inseam, height and weight and riding style info and the seat foam is made to you. You don't get that luxury if you order from a vendor source. I placed mine directly with Seat Concepts over the phone.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Hey Bub...I don't give out my inseam info to anybody!

Reactions: Pupsocket

·
Registered
2021 TW200
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They will call you after you order and get your inseam, height and weight and riding style info and the seat foam is made to you. You don't get that luxury if you order from a vendor source. I placed mine directly with Seat Concepts over the phone.
Gotcha... I was going to go through a vendor for the faster lead time. Dangit...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Another bonus is when you do it thru them they let you change your foam out for a different level one time for free in the first year. So if it truly isn't to your cushy factor, you're not stuck in a just deal with it kinda situation.

·
Registered
2021 TW200
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Another bonus is when you do it thru them they let you change your foam out for a different level one time for free in the first year. So if it truly isn't to your cushy factor, you're not stuck in a just deal with it kinda situation.
Got it. Sho it is worth the wait.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Great info!! First time I've heard/read this.

Reactions: reddave
1 - 20 of 34 Posts