TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Great info!! First time I've heard/read this.
Me too! I don't believe anyone called poor 'ole reddave... I might call them up and experiment with a softer foam if I am able to do so.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Does anyone have the "low slip" ?
The early threads that i was reading to decide which material were saying that every time you hit the brakes with the slippy cover (low slip option) you slide up the seat and it wears you out quicker. If you only ever like to sit down in the V would be ok. If your only road riding mostly i doubt you'll be sitting in the v much. Give them a call, they do custom custom work. One person i saw had them make them a straight seat on the dub seat frame so there was no v in it. It was more money but they were happy. It was basically a tall in the center but regular height at the back. Wish i would've read that one before I ordered. That sounds really comfy...

Reactions: Skuby

·
Registered
2021 TW200
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The early threads that i was reading to decide which material were saying that every time you hit the brakes with the slippy cover (low slip option) you slide up the seat and it wears you out quicker. If you only ever like to sit down in the V would be ok. If your only road riding mostly i doubt you'll be sitting in the v much. Give them a call, they do custom custom work. One person i saw had them make them a straight seat on the dub seat frame so there was no v in it. It was more money but they were happy. It was basically a tall in the center but regular height at the back. Wish i would've read that one before I ordered. That sounds really comfy...
I gave them a ring and the representative said the low slip was as grippy as the stock seat. I read through the earlier thread, but I thought they were referring to the carbon fiber as the slippery.
The rep said the grippy top would only be suggested if I were more 50 onroad/50 offroad. They suggested the low slip top and carbon fiber sides if I was 90% + onroad.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The stock seat is on par with the grip top from seat concepts. I have the carbon fiber finish Seat Concepts on the DR-Z and prefer it especially on long trip where you can just slide front or back to help with comfort. Not locking your butt into one spot on really hot days makes a world of difference on long rides, not so much a big deal when it's cold out. The difference to me is just the 'lift and move' vs. simply sliding forward or back. I'm going to leave the TW seat profile the way it is but I will be ordering the carbon fiber cover for it.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
gripper materials was designed for watercraft many problems on TW's way too much grip for heavier dudes like myself and in wet states like Washington it holds dew so you are guaranteed a wet azz every time your bike is left outside. I greatly prefer all carbon fiber (style it's not really CF) for looks and function, never saw a need for the tallboy unless you're over 300 lbs, also they had the standard which is perfect and the embossed which is also good but I think they might have stopped making that, I sold around 500 seats in years past heard the most complaints re gripper regrets and zero gripes on all other styles

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
re CF I really think CF is optimal at 15 feet away it looks stock but as you get closer especially in the sun it has a cool sheen

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
didn't realize they don't sell direct I'm making a trip up to the northwest to sell a load of vanvans I might swing by Sand Point and pick up another batch of seat kits

re the Gripper I actually like the looks and style of them with their carbon fiber sides but for my style of riding I need to slide around

·
Registered
638 Posts
Just found out you can't just order the cover from SC. Have to find another vendor.
So, you can get a seat cover you just have to order the kit (foam & seat cover), correct?

·
Registered
2019 tw200, 2009 HD Heritage Softail, 1984 Honda V65 Magna, 1981 Yamaha XS 650
9 Posts
Got the tall Seat Concepts carbon fiber seat. Ordered it through Procycle in Springfield, Oregon. Was a vast improvement over stock seat which killed my rear end bottom. The taller seat doesn't sound like much lift but it is With my 65 yr old arthritic legs sometimes slinging a leg over can be a stretch so only go tall if you need it, as SC advises the tall doesn't offer any more cushioning than the stock height does. They go with a denser foam. Overall I'm quite happy with it and will keep it. Did a 43 mile trail ride in the mountains south of Fallon, NV- glad I had it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
So, you can get a seat cover you just have to order the kit (foam & seat cover), correct?
I'm assuming that's the case. Back when I bought my seat for the DR-Z you could order the cover itself. Maybe you still can but they just don't offer that for the TW. I only asked about ordering the cover alone and that was the response. I'm not buying a whole seat for it. Putting a cover over the stock foam is really easy so long as the stock cover isn't glued or stuck to it with age.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got a standard SC seat for my 1996 Suzuki DR200SE and was such a huge improvement over the stock plank that I gave the stocker away on CL. The bike got stolen from my rear patio while walking my dogs but GEICO came to the rescue with a very fair settlement, including reimbursement for upgrades.

Next bought a used near mint 2008 XT250 but never quite warmed up to it and sold it, eventually ending up with the 2003 TW200, my favorite of the three.

Looks like I’m keeping it so will definitely get another SC seat.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts