TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in hand I have every style of TW200 seat kit offered by Seat Concepts.

The SC kits includes new high density foam and vinyl covers available in 4 "patterns" of black vinyl

1) Standard Black

2) Gripper top with carbon fiber sides

3) Embossed top with standard black sides

4) All carbon fiber

All kits are basically black it's just the style of vinyl that varies but from about 10 feet away they all look the same IMO

Please PM me for total costs delivered USA only please

This is a special deal for TW200 forum members so please keep the pricing confidential so we don't affect SC's retail market

I also have new OEM Yamaha seats in case you want to build a new seat yet maintain the original seat in case you ever sell or upgrade your TW

All you will need are some quality 1/4" staples and a flat screwdriver etc to remove the old staples

The cover just needs to be taught you don't need lots of tension just enough so it sits smooth

Start at the front and work alternating down each side to the back

It's an easy job and it will give you a good sense of accomplishment when you do it yourself
SAM_5261.JPG SAM_5254.JPG SAM_5255.JPG

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had a great tour at SC in San Jacinto CA this morning thanks to Scott at SC for the informative tour of an amazing facility. The first thing thats strikes you is a large stable of adventure bikes from XT250's on up the range all company or employee test bed bikes used to develop the various models. SC is moving their facility to Caldwell Idaho in June their new building is already built and waiting for them!

Heres how may TW200 seat kits a 2012 Prius can hold - Guess how many !!!

SAM_7564.JPG SAM_7565.JPG

·
Super Moderator
19,732 Posts
So, if we guess how many, does the winner get a free one? :p O wait, I already have one of those wonderful seats from you Fred!! :D

I'm guessing 30. :)

***Support those who bring us parts and accessories for our TW's!!***

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
A bit of "feedback" for PlacerLode. I ordered a seat cover from him and it arrive quickly with good instructions and tips on installation. Not "Goldwing" comfortable but it is an improvement over the stocker for sure. "5 stars" or how about :D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bump all Seat Concepts TW200 seat kits in hand ready to mail ASAP name your style and its in the mail !!!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For those of you who like the Seat Concepts "Embossed" top version I see they no longer offer that kit on their website but I still have a good stash of those available to forum members.

Also I have a small favor to ask of those of you who already have SC seat kits on your TW's can you share your thoughts on how you like your cover selection ie are you still happy with your pick and what style cover might you recommend to others considering the kits (there are many lurking and contemplating as we speak) thanks for any input

Reactions: admiral

·
Registered
344 Posts
I bought a "gripper" seat concepts from PlacerLode a little while ago. I like that it is a lot flatter, more firm and raises me up a little, giving more leg stretching space. The texture of the top of the cover helps to keep you from sliding into the tank. It looks good too, imo.

I've recovered a motorcycle seat before but I'd say the seat concepts was a better fit and the material is cut right and stretches the way you'd want it too.

If your seat cover or foam is used up I'd try a seat concepts foam/cover before getting another stock cover/foam.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I purchased one from PlacerLode and I have to say it was well worth the money and easy to install. I have the seat off, old foam{brick} and cover removed, tack sprayed in the new foam after a little clean up trimming and the cover stretched on and stapled in just over an hour. I really like the fact that the seat is not only more comfortable to sit on but is wider at the top as well and gives way more support over factory! I thank him for having these and getting it shipped really fast. I will post pictures after work on Wednesday to show it off a little.

·
Registered
736 Posts
how are you guys stapling the new seat on?? regular big squeeze handle stapler?? I don't think I'd want the seat any wider, I'm short so I need all the leg reach I can get, even on the Dub

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Fred had a hand one that worked for him. I had bought a new one at HD but it didn't work very well for me. I ended up getting an air stapler from HF but I already had an air compressor. It was the bomb.

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts

Also I have a small favor to ask of those of you who already have SC seat kits on your TW's can you share your thoughts on how you like your cover selection ie are you still happy with your pick and what style cover might you recommend to others considering the kits (there are many lurking and contemplating as we speak) thanks for any input

My thoughts.

I have the "Gripper" if this is the same thing as Embossed.

Doesn't keep me from sliding forward as much as I thought or would like but it must work because when I try to slide back in the seat it pulls my pants down (i.e. plumbers crack). Actually, not that bad but I do have to lift my hind ender so my trousers don't get pulled down.

Riding comfort of the seat, in general, is unmatched to what I've used before, which include stock (2 hours before sorebutt, Maddog or Coleman pad (4 hours before sorebutt), and Seat Concepts (6-8 hours before sorebutt).

I like it.

·
Super Moderator
19,732 Posts
I have bad hips. I could make it about 15 minutes with the stock seat / about 30 minutes with the stock seat with the coleman pad on it and with one of PlacerLodes seat concepts seat double that. (could be longer, but I stop at all donut shops I pass along the way) :D

It was a definite reduction in pain.

Thank you Fred and God Bless ya brotha!!! :D

***still want to know how many covers were in the car... :p

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like to use 1/4" staples with my Makita LXT18v cordless stapler (dang stapler is too expensive though!) it helps to warm the seat pan in the sun or if you live where there is little sun heat it up near your furnace etc it greatly softens the plastic so the staples penetrate easier

·
Super Moderator
14,716 Posts
I used 3/8 and 1/4 staples with a hand stapler. The staples didn't go in all the way so I finished tapping them in with a hammer!

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
I stapled my stock seat cover with a standard Arrow stapler. Looks like hell but it works and you cant see the staples when the seat is on the bike. :p

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
21,682 Posts
The position of your hand using the Powershot can control a lot of recoil so staples penetrate deeper compared to traditional Arrow-type staplers. images-3.jpeg

1 - 20 of 27 Posts