TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear how you all that purchased the seat feel now. I'm thinking of ordering. I rode 50miles yesterday and my tailbone hurts so bad that it hunts to sit down. Anyone try replacing the stock foam with memory foam?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I haven't tried the memory foam, but I am looking at drilling 'cones' in my exsisting foam. Have you tried that?

Bag

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I bought the seat concepts seat. I have put 4500 miles on it and I love it. I have the Clarke TW200 gas tank and I run out of gas before any discomfort from the seat. The gripper top really helps.

On the stock seat I could ride for about a half hour and I was done. With the stock seat and the walmart stearns/coleman cover I could go just a bit over an hour. With the new seat.....4 hours and no problems.

I don't think you need a high dollar custom seat, the seat concepts was a good semi custom option for me, you can go to any local shop and they can make your seat better.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I almost ordered one today. But im debating on the standard or gripper cover. Hmm. I will chime in whenever i get one.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I almost ordered one today. But im debating on the standard or gripper cover. Hmm. I will chime in whenever i get one.

Go with the gripper. I really like the seat foam, but hate the seat cover. It looks great but is very slick, and I slide forward every time I slow/stop. It fatigues the arm/shoulders and is a distraction/nuisance. I have just taken it to a local shop to have a gripper style cover made for it. I can not find any local shops to make any seat foam/cover changes for under $300.00. The seat concepts was a reasonable value.

Dusty

·
Registered
99 Posts

Got to see n2o2diver's seat this weekend and have to say in paired with his bigger black Clarke tank and black plastics, zero graphics, the Seat Concepts really finishes off the look of the bike. Easily wider and flatter and nicely contoured to match the overall lines of the bike. Still a bit expensive in my mind, but definitely a one and done solution for the butt-ocks! He has some nice pictures he could share with you.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Is the standard slicker than the stock seat?
Yes!. It would have been fine if it were like the stock seat cover. It is slicker than any other motorcycle/atv seat I have ever used. Go with the gripper unless you like to slide forward when you brake.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Technically the oem cover is a "gripper" seat. Most of the people that ordered during the group buy went with the gripper/carbon fiber seat and I think it looks great! The seat concepts seat is exactly what I needed. It is not much better than stock when riding 2-upoffroad but when solo riding, it makes the world of difference. If you do strictly street riding, I would go for a custom seat considering you will be sitting the whole time. But if you plan on doing any off-roading the seat concepts seat is the way to go. You can have them do softer foam if thats your thing.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I am also very happy with my Seat Concepts.

Big difference in comfort. Friends who tried my TW said the seat was much more comfortable.

I didn't get the gripper top on this one and I would if ordering another one.

I have the gripper top on my DR650 seat from them and didn't think it would make much difference.

Wrong again. Fine on the street but off road when sitting I do slide around more than I would like.

Highly recommend Seat Concepts.

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ordered my new seat today. Hope you guys are right about it being alot better than stock. I know thats not too hard. Got the gripper top as well.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I've been thinking about doing this for a while but I'm concerned that I might not have the skill to get the seat to turn out the way I would want it to. To you guys that have gone this route or you guys that are about to please post on the install process, difficulty level, tools needed, etc. Any advice or helpful hints would be appreciated too.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
All you need is a staple gun and spray adhesive. Very easy ti do but if you just arent confident, take it to an upholstery shop and they'll do it for around $15.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm interested in this also. I had made a tremendous up-grade when I changed to an old piece of 2"X10"

Looking forward to the reports. OM

Link to Seat Concepts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Ordered my new seat today. Hope you guys are right about it being alot better than stock. I know thats not too hard. Got the gripper top as well.

T, would you please let me know what you think once you get it in your hands, and even more so, when you have some 'butt' time on it? Thanks!

Bag

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
T, would you please let me know what you think once you get it in your hands, and even more so, when you have some 'butt' time on it? Thanks!

Bag

Will do Bagger.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Howdy Tracy,

I just saw your post about getting the seat concepts pad and cover, did you get in on the group buy, if so what did it cost? When you have it installed and have the time I'd like to take a look at it, sit on it, maybe buy one. Give me a call or shoot me an email when its convenient for me to come take a look at it. Thanks.

Dave

1 - 20 of 50 Posts