TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a far more comfortable seat out there for the TW? My stock seat is not bearable after 30 minutes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I agree! I didn't want to spend $150 for a new seat, but I did. I ordered the Seat Concepts cover. It is not even a full seat. It is a cover and new shaped foam. I have read good things about their seat. That stock seat is the worst MC seat I have ever sat on.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
You guys are just saddle sore you need to ride more and build up calluses on your, you know what. :p

That last 116 mile off-road adventure we did in Green Ridge. Saabug told me after the ride that he was wearing gel bicycle pants. That was smart because I was beyond my calluses. Lol

My Son bought a Honda CRF250 now talk about a hard seat that damn thing is liking sitting on a rock. My butt was releaved getting back on my TW after riding his bike.
Rick

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
bike seat 002.JPG bike seat 001.JPG
ToeHunter....first...WELCOME to the forum......another Washington State TW rider....YEAH !

See, our statewide recruiting program is wiorking. :D

I have the Coleman ATV seat cushion on my bike...and a real sheepskin cover over that. I don't live too far from you, and we could meet in Montesano....where another TW rider lives...so you can see the seat cushion that a lot of us buy, anbd use. I got mine from Amazon, for $ 19.95.

Mike
Mike, Toehunter and I met on the Ocean shores beach and I asked him to join us here. So glad he has joined us. Look forward to riding with him and others in the future. Would be great to have us get together at my place or wherever.

This seat is available at harbor freight. It has a steel frame and would be easy to adapt to the TW. Last time I saw one it was 75 dollars. If you have the ability to make the pan to put it on you are fixed up. I did mine with a seat like this off a 1500 Kawasaki and integrated a rack and backrest. As it is now my wife's bike I put it back to stock.

Toehunter. If you would like to do something like this, my shop is available for you. Find what you need and we will get together and make it happen. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I put a sheepskin on mine, and it's probably the most comfortable seat I've ever used on a motorcycle. It's the only one I've ever been able to ride longer than 1 hour without stopping. I won't ride a seat without a sheepskin anymore though. I could have a brand new BMW 1200, and it would still have my dirty old grey sheepskin on it.

·
Registered
667 Posts
On the stock seat I got very uncomfortable after 25 miles. I added the Mad Dog (Coleman) ATV seat cover you see a lot of on here, which pushes the uncomfortable out to 45-50 miles. If you do the kind of riding with friends where you're stopping to take a break every so often, or just bopping around town, commuting, etc, the Mad Dog cover will suit you fine. If you want to do some long haul adventure riding, I'd go for something more..

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I put a sheepskin on mine, and it's probably the most comfortable seat I've ever used on a motorcycle. It's the only one I've ever been able to ride longer than 1 hour without stopping. I won't ride a seat without a sheepskin anymore though. I could have a brand new BMW 1200, and it would still have my dirty old grey sheepskin on it.
Who knew BMW stood for, Bring My Wool.

Tom

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
went I rode on the stock seat I could go for a whole 30 minutes before I turn into a cripple ( more than just a soar butt) now with a coleman cover I can make it for a record breaking 45 minutes. so I guess it's on to the seat concept. I can't figure out how the Asians can design this crap, or maybe they like it when it hurts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I use the Mad Dog Coleman-Walmart atv seat cover, HUGE difference!! My friend does a slight modification to the cover, using flat bungee straps to hold it in place. They are stitched on nicely with a heavy duty boot stitcher, and make it easy to install, & it don't slide around at all. If anyone is interested, let me know & I'll post pics, & I can find out how much my friend would want to mod a atv cover for you. (Or anyone.)

I put the pad to the torture test on the last Nor-Cal nutjob ride, and speaking for the "Gluteus Challenged" I give it an A+ in comfort for the $$ spent! m.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have noticed since my last visit to the doctors that I have been diagnosed with haemorrhoids due you think this is due to my TW seat ?:mad:

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I have noticed since my last visit to the doctors that I have been diagnosed with haemorrhoids due you think this is due to my TW seat ?:mad:
Maybe your pregnant? I would get tested.

Tom:)

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I think if I had that problem I would ask Seat Concepts to build me a seat that has a lower channel down the middle. Then only your cheeks will rest in the seat. Then ride your ass off. :p

·
Registered
261 Posts
I met with a nearby mom and pop upholstery shop and they rebuilt my seat with thicker foam. My butt was going numb after 30 minutes with the original seat. Now I ride for 7-8 hours comfortably. I have a few herniated discs, so this has helped me continue to do what I love in comfort. It cost me $65.00 by using my original seat pan.

The only negative is that it raises your seat level a couple inches. The bike feels a little bigger, but my legs are long enough that I don't mind when I'm on a trail.

Here's a pic...

20141009_120715.jpg

·
Registered
13,231 Posts
The only negative is that it raises your seat level a couple inches. The bike feels a little bigger, but my legs are long enough that I don't mind when I'm on a trail.
I need the extra height. While I'm temporarily using an extra chair seat pad on top of the Stearns/Colman/Maddog series seat pads, my actual goal will be to raise the seat height. Problem for me is when riding trails I need to lift my legs a lot to avoid rocks etc. After a while my hip flexors start to ache because I'm sitting to low making it hard to lift my legs. 2-4 extra inches helps a lot and I can still touch the ground with both legs when stopped.

I will agree with the OP, stock seat is hard. I once took off the Stearns series seat pad thinking I didn't need it. That was a mistake as I quickly developed buttitis.:p

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Buttitus! Ouch!!

I did have just a moment to look at what must have been some padded shorts at the local bike shop, anyone here know anything about these? Recommendations on a good brand? I would give these a try. m.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Id love to see some closeups of the seat concepts. Is the gripper top a good idea off-road. I tend to push back a lot.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts